Question AMD Driver Help - resolution

alux9

Prominent
Feb 13, 2021
Hi guys, the thing is I used to have a nvidia card gtx 1050 ti and i just got a 6600 xt and the problem that I am having is with my monitor, it is a 144hz that boosts to 165hz, but it gets all blurry if i use 165hz purely, so when i had the nvidia card i used to set it 164.800hz and it was fine, all the blurryness and non smoothness was gone, but now that i got this amd card i can't make it like that, it only gets straight numbers, so i put 164hz and it's working but when i'm in game and alt tabs it gets like 3~5 seconds to change tabs and it's disturbing me, anyone can help?

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Hi guys, the thing is I used to have a nvidia card gtx 1050 ti and i just got a 6600 xt and the problem that I am having is with my monitor, it is a 144hz that boosts to 165hz, but it gets all blurry if i use 165hz purely, so when i had the nvidia card i used to set it 164.800hz and it was fine, all the blurryness and non smoothness was gone, but now that i got this amd card i can't make it like that, it only gets straight numbers, so i put 164hz and it's working but when i'm in game and alt tabs it gets like 3~5 seconds to change tabs and it's disturbing me, anyone can help?
I have only this idea: try lowering the HZ even a bit more and see if it improves the response time of tab switching. Otherwise you can also use windowed mode to prevent a hard switch to windows, if you use same resolution in game anyway.

alux9

Prominent
Feb 13, 2021
I use different resolution in game, the thing is that with nvidia it didn't happen this high delay in alt tab, i think it's some kind of bug or i have to set something in the customization page that i don't know.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
I use different resolution in game, the thing is that with nvidia it didn't happen this high delay in alt tab, i think it's some kind of bug or i have to set something in the customization page that i don't know.
Try lowering the HZ a bit more and see if it persists. The issue is the exotic monitor as I see it. It’s not a native 165hz.

edit: I would also report this issue to AMD so they can fix it.

Last edited: