[SOLVED] amd driver instalation not working with windows 7 32 bit system. when i click express install or custom install it does nothing

Jan 24, 2020
basically when i press on express install or custom install it does literally no action. i just gave this gpu to my friend and i am trying to install the drivers but it is not working. r7 240, and the cpu is g2020

Solution
i'd do it through device manager as well.

double click the gpu and select the driver tab. then update driver. select that you have the disk (or whatever it says there, its not the online one) and piint it to the amd folder on c: where it unzipped the driver and let it search there for the right one.

that should be all you have to do. you can also use the online driver update as well, that should grab whatever the newest one on MS's servers, even if it is not the newest from amd, it will still get ti working.
Jan 24, 2020
Did he had another card installed? Did you uninstall it first?
Are you installing via device manager?
Have you tried in safe mode?
i used DDU in safe mode and eveything, it's just the buttons, they don't do any action. they turn orange when i hover over them and when i press them they just turn black again. they do nothing.

Jan 24, 2020
Did he had another card installed? Did you uninstall it first?
Are you installing via device manager?
Have you tried in safe mode?
if you have any idea for how to fix this it would be really helpful because i just told him to upgrade the ram and upgrade to windows 10 but he cant do it yet

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
check yellow exclamation marks in device manager? Can you try to install from there?
Do you have all necesary win 7 updates needed?
or try another version of the driver. (Are you sure the one you are trying to use is compatible with win win 7? )

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

double click the gpu and select the driver tab. then update driver. select that you have the disk (or whatever it says there, its not the online one) and piint it to the amd folder on c: where it unzipped the driver and let it search there for the right one.

that should be all you have to do. you can also use the online driver update as well, that should grab whatever the newest one on MS's servers, even if it is not the newest from amd, it will still get ti working.

Solution
Jan 24, 2020

i will try