Amd driver issue (Driver hung / removed)

Juggl3rSix

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Hiya

Hopefully someone here with a bit more computer knowledge can help, albeit im not to shabby.

Firstly pc spec

:I5 2500k (INTEL)
:8 gig ram (CV)
:Asus p8z68-v pro (MB) latest bios installed.
:Be quiet 730 bronze (PSU)
:R9 290 Tri-X (SAPPHIRE)
:1920x1200 Display

Here`s my issue....
I am constantly getting driver fails (removed error driver hung) caused by driver or application. This is a hard crash usually causing reboot.

I used to run 2x hd6950`s in crossfire from the psu above, both were flashed as 6970`s.

I have done two new fresh installs on two different HD`s one with 8.1 and win 7 both 64 bit.

I have returned the card but Aria pc are saying that the issue is driver related which I believe (ish) , well this is my issue could be psu, pcie slot etc not too sure .

HELP anyone.

This error is totally random could happen once then reboot all is good for several hours...then I can do reboot after reboot.... :crazysmile:#

I have tried under clocking the card...Using mantle doesn't help. Currently running at high settings dx11.

Note: I have benched heaven with no issues or crashes very good fps, using steam I get random crashes on various games but mainly runs ok but still crashes.

I have tried various drivers from 13.1 - 14.4 and the beta which im running now. Also installed ccleaner and ran on every reboot. temperatures are fine, the card doesn't over heat.

Many thanks.

Solution
It is your card and your supplier is just trying to dodge the responsibility (or just plug it in, see it booting into Windows and do "yup it works gud").

You should use your warranty with Sapphire and RMA this shit. Happens

When I bought my 290, I has some issue with boots, supplier switched it on my demand and the other card I got works solid with 0 issues.

The drivers issue excuse is a load of bullshit, since you use the same drivers everyone uses and we have no problems with our 290s.

Gaidax

Distinguished
It is your card and your supplier is just trying to dodge the responsibility (or just plug it in, see it booting into Windows and do "yup it works gud").

You should use your warranty with Sapphire and RMA this shit. Happens

When I bought my 290, I has some issue with boots, supplier switched it on my demand and the other card I got works solid with 0 issues.

The drivers issue excuse is a load of bullshit, since you use the same drivers everyone uses and we have no problems with our 290s.

Solution

And if you (the OP) do this and have the same problem with a different card do let us know by posting in this thread.

TRENDING THREADS