Question AMD driver not working right HELP!

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
If anyone can walk me through how to fix this issue my system and I would appreciate it greatly!

Current problem I am stuck on how to get rid of the your driver is not installed or functioning properly message I get from AMD catalyst program.

I have screen shot of the exact message but don't have a website to put it on to show it here.

2GB AMD ATI Radeon HD 7450 VGA HDMI DVI PCI-E Video Card US Fast Shipping
$55.99

First let me tell you about the fiasco fake card. I bought a supposed GTX 1050 Ti off another person put it in and it worked just fine. I'm not running any high demand anything just average internet browsing. First thing that happened was Nvidia released a new driver which just would not work with the card. Then I did some checking and found out there are a ton of these fakes out there. I ran hardwareinfo and sure enough it's a fake. It was a 1GB 450 that has the firmware monkeyed with. So I took out that card after getting a different card from walmart.com of all places. I am saving up for a gaming card but for now just need usable computer.

The fake card worked better than the new one is with the driver that came with it which I'm sure is somehow altered as well and I hope I got it off my computer fully.

could it be there is something on my computer preventing the good card from working right that got there from the software with the fake.

My System

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Rosewill Zircon T ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
did you uninstall the nvidia driver?
and what the error you are getting when you installing amd driver?

To my knowledge I uninstalled the nvidia drivers but I'm not sure if because it was some fakery there isn't something lingering on the computer still that might be preventing the new cards software from installing right. it doesn't give me an error message during install I run the autorun on the CD rom select windows 10 64 bit computer asks if I trust the install I say yes AMD install manager extracts the catalyst software load bar all that jazz happens some game adds display as it scrolls along message pops up says installation complete (warnings occured during install view logs so I view the logs the error message section is cut off or blank I can only see the section header that says error messages.

then after all said and done I get the warning message my driver is not installed or working properly

I went to the AMD website and downloaded the driver released in 2017 for my card and still get that popup error message
I am interested in how you managed to download a 2017 driver for a card that had its support end in 2015. There is a newer beta driver dated 2016 but I would not recommend it as it was the very first Crimson driver. Honestly if you don't need the Catalyst Control Panel then the same driver provided by WindowsUpdate works just as well.

If you install a later driver that's too new to support the card, then installation error messages can only be expected.

Reactions: Joseph_138

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
so given the specs of the system what card do you all recommend?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Rosewill Zircon T ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer