AMD Driver problem.

Zalkard

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Hello,

Recently I've been having a very annoying and frustrating problem with my Radeon HD 7870XT.
Randomly my graphics drivers would crash and on my main monitor (Running 2 displays) the screen would go blank with random vertical lines on it and heavily flickering. Every time it happens the screen would be a different colour with different colour lines. Rebooting would help this. Then later it would start happening more often. Lately it has been triggered by clicking on a youtube video or any video player of some sorts. (Does happen quite rarely. Not with every video). So yesterday I downgraded my drivers to see if that would help. It did not. I downclocked my graphics card. Did not help either. Today I tried a couple of things. Updated my motherboard bios. Complete wiped all graphics drivers from my pc and reinstalled. After that I thought it did the trick cause I had not had any further problem. So a few minutes ago I was browsing youtube, clicked a video, but this time I got a blue screen of death. (SYSTEM_THREAD EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED). Googled about it, and it seems that, as you would guess... Be a driver problem.

I have tried everything I could think of but I'm still having problems and they seem to come more often now.
My main system specs:
i7 4770k
Club3D Radeon HD 7870XT Jokercard (With an Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II aftermarket cooler)
8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz CL9
Asus Z87-C

Any help would be appreciated.

Zalkard

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

My card runs very cool. At 1.1ghz it would not come above 65 degrees while gaming.