News AMD Driver Up: Company Responds to Complaints With a Whopping 40 Fixes

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Was having an issue on my Gaming system (1800X/Vega 64LC) where if the monitor went to sleep it would not wake up without turning the monitor on and off a few times. Installed 20.2.2 last night and that seems to have solved the issue.

I was not seeing any of the other issues people were saying on this system or my sim system with a 5700XT.

Jun 29, 2019
Been on 19.11.3, no issues on my R5 3600, 5700XT and Dell S2719DGF. Thought, that it might be mature enough to finally try the new drivers.

After installing the latest 20.2.2, I was having black screens, monitor sleep and more, mostly only restart worked. Ofc the driver was installed after cleaning the previous one with DDU in safe mode.

ATM at 20.1.3 and it seems stable, without issues.
I hope that one day, AMD will have great drivers right from the beginning when they release new hardware

dan_L

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I had been getting an almost daily black screen for a few seconds only on my computer, not on the other two in our small office -- until I installed version 20.2.2. So far the black screens are gone. Card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700

TreborG2

Reputable
Apr 7, 2017
After installing the latest 20.2.2, I was having black screens, monitor sleep and more, mostly only restart worked. Ofc the driver was installed after cleaning the previous one with DDU in safe mode.

ATM at 20.1.3 and it seems stable, without issues.
I hope that one day, AMD will have great drivers right from the beginning when they release new hardware
Yup .. if I have one more issue with this crap software .. I'm wiping and going back to windows default installed driver for my RX580.

I too had to use the uninstaller in safemode to get the driver to install.

And if AMD were listening ... they'd forgotten what many have complained about in the past ..

• first - no ads
  • prompt before install to set things like no ads, no game/overlay/etc options
  • graphics driver only .. vs this ungodly mega headed pos ..
seriously .. go into the driver settings .. its 80+% of my 1080 screen with large button-esq areas to click on etc .. stupid overlay hotkey of ALT+R and F11 ... you actually mapped F11? seriously AMD .. that's a browser and app used key ... browsers have been F11 aware for years longer than amd's adrenaline drivers .. WTF .. :(