venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
out of desperate need of a graphics card I bought a 4GB RX550 for my Win8.1 system, not realizing there are no available AMD drivers on 8.1, I usually check the compatibility of everything before making a purchase but I really didn't think AMD would stop supporting an OS due to it's popularity, didn't even think about it once. so anyway I downloaded Win7 drivers and installed them using the device manager, it does the basic job but I'm getting lots of issues like the display sometimes not updating unless I slide my cursor all around it, frequent FPS drops and crashes in newer games, etc. is there any way I can get 8.1 drivers to function properly? like maybe old ones when AMD still supported it? if not, I'll have to change my operating system again, I don't want to go back to 7 and I only have 4gb ram so I think 10 would be a bit of a pain, do correct me if I'm wrong and I'll just install 10, if not then what else can I do?

out of desperate need of a graphics card I bought a 4GB RX550 for my Win8.1 system, not realizing there are no available AMD drivers on 8.1, I usually check the compatibility of everything before making a purchase but I really didn't think AMD would stop supporting an OS due to it's popularity, didn't even think about it once. so anyway I downloaded Win7 drivers and installed them using the device manager, it does the basic job but I'm getting lots of issues like the display sometimes not updating unless I slide my cursor all around it, frequent FPS drops and crashes in newer games, etc. is there any way I can get 8.1 drivers to function properly? like maybe old ones when AMD still supported it? if not, I'll have to change my operating system again, I don't want to go back to 7 and I only have 4gb ram so I think 10 would be a bit of a pain, do correct me if I'm wrong and I'll just install 10, if not then what else can I do?
Did you try W10 drivers? W10 is closer to W8 than W7.

venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
Did you try W10 drivers? W10 is closer to W8 than W7.
it's not letting me, folder arrangement is not the same as it was with W7 drivers so I had to go through all of them from device manager and they all did nothing, it just says Microsoft has determined your drivers are up to date. and yes I did uninstall the drivers I was previously using.