Question AMD Drivers Uninstalling each time PC is Booted

Nov 4, 2021
I recently gave an Alienware (R6 I believe) prebuilt with an i7-7700 to my cousin. I took out the Nvidia GPU and replaced it with an RX580 4gb card. We set up a fresh install of windows 10 pro and installed the appropriate video drivers.

After some use, the graphics drivers now uninstall each time that the PC is powered down. He has tried uninstalling drivers using DDU and reinstalling the drivers as well as making sure that the firewall or antivirus software was not causing an issue.

I was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction or potentially help solve the issue.

If you have any more questions or need more info let me know!

Thanks for your time!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Where did you source the installer for the OS? By fresh, I hope you mean that you formatted the OS and reinstalled it after recreating your bootable USB installer for the OS. As a side note, we're going to need more information for your platform given that this is a troubleshooting thread.

Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Since you're on a prebuilt, you should be fine to mention the SKU of the Alienware, provided you didn't change anything on the innards after it was purchased. Include the age of the PSU and it's make and model as well. Using CPU-Z, you can check to see what the BIOS version for the motherboard is.