AMD Dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo Built For LiquidVR Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPUEnthusiast

Reputable
May 28, 2014
This is interesting. Marketing to developers of VR is a great way to justify the price. However, the performance to the price isn't necessarily there, though neither was it for the R9 295X2 at 1500 dollars.

G

Two Fiji cards slapped together...bottom line overpriced and useless. You can buy two Fury cards and put them in crossfire, it will be cheaper.

010TheMaster010

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Dual Fiji is one board, less latency, one radiator, less power. Not just "Two Fiji cards slapped together"
It's a lot easier to install one of these instead of two Fiji X. Lets not even touch Quadfire.

Knicks2012

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
They should have released this sooner with Polaris and Pascal coming later this year. It doesnt even have a released date, what are they waiting for??

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

That depends on your perspective. An R9 295X2 will outpace an overclocked GTX 980 Ti in games that support CrossFire. Having that kind of power two years ago, and still not having anything on the market yet that you can replace it with, says alot.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
wow that's one expensive GPU, on another note ! one should ask them what's their plan on making people wear those stupid VR helmets to play their game ?

nah i'll just wait for Nintendo VR screen edition without VR helmets

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

VR isn't possible without the headset. The whole point is you are cut off from the real world while in VR.

prtskg

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015

This is prosumer card while other fiji cards are consumer cards. Of course it'll be costly than 2 of them.

urishima

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
You lot don't get it. This is marketed as a workstation graphics card, not as a 'regular Joe' consumer product. This thing isn't going to compete with upcoming Pascal and Polaris.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
You lot don't get it. This is marketed as a workstation graphics card, not as a 'regular Joe' consumer product. This thing isn't going to compete with upcoming Pascal and Polaris.

does it use the firepro driver, or does it use the gaming driver?
that will tell you if its pro or not.

G

does it use the firepro driver, or does it use the gaming driver?
that will tell you if its pro or not.

It uses the firepro driver.

blackbeard34

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Am I only one noticed there's no 'complete case shots' and why are the power and usb and audio ports on the side? Isn't that the dumbest place to put those?

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

The post wasn't about the maingear PC, it was about the GPU inside. Why would I include a full case shot?

Side USB ports can be helpful. Depends where you have your case. For example, my front mounted ports are hard to get to. I could use some side mounted ports like that. My case it behind my three monitors.

FPisco

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
Dual Fiji is one board, less latency, one radiator, less power. Not just "Two Fiji cards slapped together"
It's a lot easier to install one of these instead of two Fiji X. Lets not even touch Quadfire.

Finally, someone who gets it. "Inserts thank you GIF"

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

The image of the card shows two black tubes coming out of it near the I/O bracket.

I've since seen an image that confirms, these are tubes that go to a 120mm radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.