AMD Ends 2018 as Top Stock Performer, Nvidia Slides Hard in Fourth Quarter

shabbo

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Mid-end gaming, anything below a 1080Ti, AMD Radeons RXs are the performance leaders. AMD also has better drivers, cooler software and lower cost. This will continue into 2019.

hannibal

Distinguished
That is not the problem part. The problem is that competition have more money to reseach and development. More money to here tallented persons...
We really have to hope that AMD manages to beat the odds or the market situation to the customers van get really ugly. But it is still uphill fight just like the article says!

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"While AMD clearly has the momentum, one serious trip-up could still knock the underdog out of the running."

-Intel can't into smaller CPUs, has yeild issues from their big AF chips
-Cant into the below $400 GPU market (right now. What's the 2060 or whatever it's called going to actually retail for?)

AMD needs to push hard in the sub $120 CPU market and goven time their Epyc line will gain adoption in Enterprise markets as they are more efficient that the current monolithic designs that Intel currently uses. (Boss we can get a ROE of 8 months on a new server closet by power savings alone.)

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007

I don't think so. Right now, Nvidia has lower-tdp cards, and a better market perception. Radeons are great, but GeForces are one step ahead.

Don't get me wrong, they have good cards, but AMD is what it is today because of their Zen lineup.

If they keep this momentum in CPUs and bring something awesome in GPUs, that will make them grow a lot more.

Seriously? This is not the case at all. Would be lovely if Navi makes your delusion reality but today Nvidia dominates every single price segment. I'm pulling for AMD but what you said is simply 100% wrong.