Question AMD equivalent to Nvidia control panel's "Content type reported to the display"?

ShanRoxAlot

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
On my LG C1, I had an issue with the display automatically switching to it's "game optimizer" audio preset on my nvidia card, but I fixed that by forcing "content type reported to display" to "Desktop" in the NVidia control panel.

I have recently replaced my GTX 1080 with a 7900xtx, but now I have the issue again and additionally the display's "Motion Pro" (Black Frame Insertion) setting is greyed out only when tabbed into a game. I do not see any analogue to the setting I found in nvdia control panel for AMD.

I would love to not have to keep switching back to Cinema audio preset and use BFI/Motion Pro, so I would greatly appreciate help. I will suffer from partial buyers remorse in the mean time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
curious, I have an Nvidia GPU and its not showing the menu choice you are asking about. Do you have dual monitors? I see where it should be, on the Adjust desktop color settings but tis not there.

the problem seems to be in how the display is reporting itself to the system. If its showing as a monitor, it might not show it. If its seen as screen capture like an Elgato it can show that menu.

I am yet to install an AMD card, that will happen this week...

same question 2 years ago but no real answer - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/content-type-reported-to-the-display-equivalent-for-amd.434528/

I see you asked AMD.

Greyed Out:
There is nothing wrong with the TV. I have the same issue with my C1 where the settings are grayed out. In order to resolve this you need to go into you Xbox settings to Video Modes and disable VRR. Next go into the C1 settings and disable Game Optimizer. I noticed that leaving Game Optimizer on even if you are not using that mode can introduce issues like intermittent judder and artifacts. Now you're able to watch your video content with whatever clarity settings you want. Youl'll have to switch game optimizer and VRR back on when you want to play games. A little bit of a pain but you will be able to access your settings and they will work when you are watching video content.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ayed-out/4ba684be-7580-40a2-8b81-772e06f88585

Reactions: ShanRoxAlot

ShanRoxAlot

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
curious, I have an Nvidia GPU and its not showing the menu choice you are asking about. Do you have dual monitors? I see where it should be, on the Adjust desktop color settings but tis not there.
Are any of your displays connected via HDMI? I think it possibly is an option that shows up for HDMI.

ShanRoxAlot

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
It still appears to be a problem with how display is showing itself to windows.
I presume the display is reacting to the Gaming Application signal from windows and activating ALLM (auto low latency mode), which prevents gamers from accidentally playing games in a high latency mode, but it oversteps by disabling "Motion Pro", which is extremely useful for gaming.

I found that with Free-sync enabled the "Game Optimized" audio isn't automatically swapped to, but I am still locked out of Motion Pro as VRR isn't compatible with it. (Would love and OLED that can do both at the same time)

While I currently at a loss on how to workaround this on the driver side or display side, is there a registry edit or similar that can be taken care of on the windows side of things to prevent reporting content type to display?

ShanRoxAlot

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
BFI as in Black Frame Insertion, which is called "Motion Pro" on the display.

I have seen those threads you linked before, and is how I originally fixed it with my gtx1080. - link

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master

ShanRoxAlot

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Do you have latest Firmware on the TV?
I updated today to a version newer then they have provided on their site.

Since "game optimizer" audio does not get turned on each time I tab into a game with VRR enabled, I presume that VRR keeps the display from switching out of ALLM even when tabbed out of game. With VRR off, I regain the ability to tab in/out of this mode, but in that case I want to stay out of it in games so I can actually use the "Motion Pro" feature I am disabling it for.

mustafa811

Honorable
May 29, 2018
Too bad there is no equivalent for that option in amd driver, actually i found amd driver is a lot superficial and not advanced as nvidia.

Any way there is another way you could trick the tv into thinking it is not connected to pc, it is not permanent as in nvidia but at least it can work for a while, go into the amd adrenalin software and change color range to 4:2:2 10 bit, now the tv is a bit frustrated because this signal is used for non pc users, so it gives you the ability to enter the tv sources menu and correct the name of source from pc to console or av receiver or whatever.

This works on samsung tvs, i think it works too on lgs.

Colif

Win 11 Master

not sure if it will help. Problem still appears to be the TV, not PC.

some of these settings might help = link

problem seems to be linked to Gsync detection, it swaps audio and video presets. LG might not have paid for actual G Sync compatability and might be relying on its Freesync capabilities, as they did with my monitor. Its a shame you can't disable it as such.

note: we upgraded forum software yesterday and this post was being made right at end. I know I found more info but finding it now might be difficult