AMD Fanboy thinking about the ultimate sin of swapping to Intel on new build!

LtSheppard

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Ok I have a few questions for you guys.

1) What would be the best paired CPU for my GTX 780 TI?

2) Should I go ahead and do a DDR4 build for gaming?

My Current build is

Fx4150 OC'd to 4.5
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @1600 8gb
250gb crucial ssd
Corsair CX750m power supply
GTX 780 TI 3gb
Asus M5a78lxplus motherboard

I purchased the GTX 780 for 150.00 off craigslist about 6 months ago but currently im running less FPS than a friend with a 580. His build has a FX8 series cpu and im fully aware my cpu is bottle necking the hell out of my cpu on top of my northbridge on my motherboard is as well. I am about to come into a good bit of money so price is not really an option but i dont want to spend more than 1000 building a new pc. My plan is to reuse my Antec 300 case, my power supply, my GTX 780 and add another SSD to get more space. But I dont know were i should go from here. I normally make these decisions after hours of research but im just curious what others say. Ive thought about pairing my GTX with another card but found out its pretty much impossible to find them anymore and id be better off selling it used on Amazon and getting a 970 since my card is going for a pretty penny but i dont want to part with it due to the huge deal i got paying what i did.

Ive thought about going with the new i5 6600k skylake but was not sure if i should go with a older gen intel or the new would be great. The DDR4 ill be going with 16gb probably but if i stick with DDR3 i will probably go crazy and throw what i have plus 16 on another motherboard.

So what say you geeks, nerds, and gods of pc. Should i stay or should i go, Intel or Amd! The ultimate question!