News AMD Fixes Botched Ryzen Firmware That Accidentally Disabled CPU Cores

Are there any improvements on RAM compatibility?

I mean, great they've fixed this issue, but I'd rather know about the Memory support in the new AGESA. I didn't find any links to what has been added/changed by myself xD

Regards.

Zescion

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020

I mean, great they've fixed this issue, but I'd rather know about the Memory support in the new AGESA. I didn't find any links to what has been added/changed by myself xD

Regards.
Those comes more from the motherboard firmware updates and the changelog should mention it.
Not an expert here, but the changelog of my B650 Gigabytes motherboard reports for some firmware revisions a generic "improved memory compatibility" and just in the last one mentioned the implementation of AGESA 1.0.04

Edit: typos

Reactions: KyaraM and -Fran-

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022

Regards.

There is tons of validated RAM for the various model/brands of mobos. Most mobo makers have a list on their website. Companies like G.Skill and others have RAM selection apps on their website based on mobo model. If you are using validated RAM and having issues you should contact your mobo/RAM maker tech support.

https://www.gskill.com/configurator

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
AMD need to get rid of the ex-Intel and Nvidia employees they have working for them; they're not helping...
Ah, yes. And you are the expert on this matter how...? Quantifiable proof, please?

Also, this is a very mean-spirited comment against people who did nothing wrong and just want to get by like literally every other regular employee in the world, and reflects quite poorly on you.

I couldn't even get my board to post out of the box with my Gigabyte B650E Aorus Master. Had to remove all components and do the no CPU, no memory BIOS flashback upgrade to F3c, even though my memory is on QVL.
I'm actually using the broken F3h BIOS with the faulty SMU code. Luckily the bug only affects the chips that have core-disabled CCDs (7600X and the 7900X).

My memory performance numbers did improve between F3c and F3h though. (AIDA64 cache and memory benchmark)
I've got no reason to update to the fixed SMU code BIOS. Gonna skip it and wait a bit.

BeedooX

Reputable
Apr 27, 2020
Ah, yes. And you are the expert on this matter how...? Quantifiable proof, please?

Also, this is a very mean-spirited comment against people who did nothing wrong and just want to get by like literally every other regular employee in the world, and reflects quite poorly on you.
How about lightening up. Learn sarcasm, light-heartedness or something. Make the best of a bad situation with humour. Of course it's not Nvidia/Intel employees.

Unfortunately, I believe in this case it actually reflects poorly on you - perhaps being a little naive, or taking everything at face value and taking offense.

No wonder the world is in a mess.

Last edited:

KyaraM

Admirable
How about lightening up. Learn sarcasm, light-heartedness or something. Make the best of a bad situation with humour. Of course it's not Nvidia/Intel employees.

Unfortunately, I believe in this case it actually reflects poorly on you - perhaps being a little naive, or taking everything at face value and taking offense.

No wonder the world is in a mess.
Except stuff like that isn't a joke, ever, under any circumstances, just like any other "joke" about bad things happening to people. Got nothing to do with naivety or anything. But I would recommend stopping here before it goes any more off topic.

BeedooX

Reputable
Apr 27, 2020
Except stuff like that isn't a joke, ever, under any circumstances, just like any other "joke" about bad things happening to people. Got nothing to do with naivety or anything. But I would recommend stopping here before it goes any more off topic.
We need AMD, Intel and Nvidia to do well. Whilst prices may not be that appealing across CPU's and GPU's - and there's probably just cause to be frustrated about that - AMD and Nvidia have been in the spotlight for a number of wrong reasons lately - Nvidia for melting cables, pricing and advertising claims, and AMD for RNDA3 performance, power usage, overheating and prices, with CPU's/Motherboards for this AGESA issue.

We don't need an ever increasingly savvy tech' population turning away, or turning others away from ANY manufacturer due to social media influence. In AMD's case, it would be awful if they felt it was not worthwhile continuing in the GPU market as that would leave weak Intel cards, and (possibly) overpriced Nvidia cards.

For AMD, it seems odd that some issues are sneaking through which really ought to have been caught - like this AGESA issue.

On the topic of humour though, you can't be lecturing people on right and wrong based on your values. Of course it's a joke, and yes it is absolutely OK to make light of a bad situation with humour - I'd only say it's questionable when it's about a person's health leading to death - along with a handful of other scenarios including those around race and gender. Let's agree to disagree and leave it there.

greenreaper

Honorable
Apr 3, 2018
On the topic of humour though, you can't be lecturing people on right and wrong based on your values.
I do; I will! 😼

But seriously, I hope all CCD configurations get added into the standard testing matrix; it's hardly something the customer can easily diagnose (and for many, it would not be easy to fix, either), while at the same time we are rightly urged to apply such updates for the sake of security - especially for new purchases, which are most likely to have new eratta to deal with.