News AMD FSR 3 Frame Generation gets modded into games that support DLSS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2023
Was testing it earlier today in Alan Wake 2 on my RTX 3080.
Frames jumped from 70fps to +120fps. This was my first encounter with frame generation and while it's not even close to 120fps native, I can see a small uplift in fluidity. Feels like a 90fps game now.
Though I had to disable variable sync as I had some massive flickering. Luckily, that's the only negative I could find so far.

Not bad considering you can still use DLSS and, technically, have all 4000 series functions.

Was testing it earlier today in Alan Wake 2 on my RTX 3080.
Frames jumped from 70fps to +120fps. This was my first encounter with frame generation and while it's not even close to 120fps native, I can see a small uplift in fluidity. Feels like a 90fps game now.
Though I had to disable variable sync as I had some massive flickering. Luckily, that's the only negative I could find so far.

Not bad considering you can still use DLSS and, technically, have all 4000 series functions.
How was the UI?

vehekos

Great
Jun 12, 2023
Many games have locked fps, so this is the only way to get more.

Even many games that report higher fps, are faking the statistic, and rendering the same frame multiple times, so when you interpolate frames, the visual effect is much larger than the theoretical one.

For example, the old tomb raiders had locked fps, and many new games with the physical engine locked to the fps do not really update the physics with each frame, so the objects do not move once per frame.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
For example, the old tomb raiders had locked fps, and many new games with the physical engine locked to the fps do not really update the physics with each frame, so the objects do not move once per frame.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Frame gen tech should in theory work around games with 30 or 60fps locks due to physics getting wonky. As you stated I do believe this should solve the physics issue since the frames are not 'real'. I'll be eager to tinker around with it.

Reactions: P.Amini
Status
Not open for further replies.