AMD FX-6300 and GeForce GTX 1050

vainson

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018
Sadly my knowledge of pc's tec is fairly low so I need help. I currently have the processor above but a GeForce 1030. I wanna know what would be the best upgrade for a maximum of 150$ currently looking at the 1050 but im unsure. (games I play: Overwatch, destiny 2, fortnite.)

Solution
This is probably, currently, the best gaming card available for under 150 bucks. It would likely be a good pairing with your FX-6300, especially if the CPU is overclocked, but even if it's running at stock clocks.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB FTW GAMING Video Card ($145.41 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Total: $145.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-11 03:09 EDT-0400

Solution

Show me a 1050ti, new, for less than 150 bucks? Because if you CAN get one for that price, new, with full warranty, then it's totally worth doing.

Don't point to Ebay either. Those 1050ti's on Ebay for cheap are all fakes.

vainson

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018

I'm avoiding the 1050ti because I've seen alllllllot of issues regarding its pairing with my processor

vainson

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018

do you know if ill run into any issues such as bottlenecking or psu issues?

I have no idea, since I don't know what PSU you have. It's doubtful that there will NOT be some amount of bottleneck with ANY relatively modern GPU card worth using. That's probably unavoidable. It's likely though that with your CPU it would not be all that bad depending on how much RAM you have, what model of PSU you have and what settings you run at it along with what resolution you use.

What is your PSU model number?

How much RAM do you have?

What resolution do you plan to play at?

Pffft. Open box, used, refurbished. All of these had some kind of issue, which is why they were returned. I'd NEVER purchase a graphics card that fell into any of those categories. Too much risk, not enough reward. Not worth saving 30 bucks to roll the dice on not having the same issues that the person who returned it had.

If you can't buy a card new, don't buy a card. Save the money up until you can get a new card with a full warranty. And unless I was buying it from somebody I trust well enough to invite to my mother's house for dinner during the holidays, I wouldn't buy ANY used card, ever. That's just my opinion, but I see too many people get ripped off buying used hardware to believe it's worth the risk.

That's your opinion. Not everybody can afford to get what they really would prefer to have. Some people have to make due, and a 2GB GTX 1050 would sure as hell be a far cry from any model of GT 1030. Plenty of people with realistic expectations making due with GTX 1050 cards all across the world. Must work for them. I guess not everybody thinks they need to have the texture and a few other sliders all the way to the right. If you make allowances, and have realistic expectations, any half decent card is better than none.