[SOLVED] AMD FX-6300 No Display.

Feb 15, 2019
I recently upgraded my pc and got a, GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard a brand new AMD FX-6300. Plugged everything in and I get no post, anyone got any ideas?

Solution
You can either buy an AM3+ based mobo that would accept than FX6300 as a drop in part or use an old CPU to update the BIOS on your existing board. Those are your only real options at this point. To be honest, you'd be better off looking for a new mobo to fit the new CPU you received. A 970 or 990FX chip set should work without issue.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
If you don't have an older CPU that fits that motherboard, you're kind of between a rock and a hard place. You might be able to get a cheap cpu off of Ebay, one that is supported by that motherboard early on, or on some other such site, that you can use to upgrade the bios. Any friends have a cpu that would work with that motherboard?

Feb 15, 2019
If you don't have an older CPU that fits that motherboard, you're kind of between a rock and a hard place. You might be able to get a cheap cpu off of Ebay, one that is supported by that motherboard early on, or on some other such site, that you can use to upgrade the bios. Any friends have a cpu that would work with that motherboard?
Most of my friends have intel systems, do you have any old am3+ cpu suggestions ?

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
If you can find a Athlon X2/X3, or even a Sempron 140/145, those should work as they were all supported by the initial release of that bios, F1.

Honestly I'd go over that system with a fine toothed comb, making sure everything is seated, that the CPU doesn't have any bent pins, etc. If that all checked out, then I'd hit ebay,

Feb 15, 2019
If you can find a Athlon X2/X3, or even a Sempron 140/145, those should work as they were all supported by the initial release of that bios, F1.

Honestly I'd go over that system with a fine toothed comb, making sure everything is seated, that the CPU doesn't have any bent pins, etc. If that all checked out, then I'd hit ebay,
After taking a look on eBay I couldn’t find many am3+ cpus that aren’t in the fx series, do you have any exsact places that I’d be able to find one?

You can either buy an AM3+ based mobo that would accept than FX6300 as a drop in part or use an old CPU to update the BIOS on your existing board. Those are your only real options at this point. To be honest, you'd be better off looking for a new mobo to fit the new CPU you received. A 970 or 990FX chip set should work without issue.

Solution