AMD FX 6300 Overclock

Sparkky1337

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
I want to overclock my fx 6300 (first time) and I have some questions regarding that. I have watched tons of videos and guies on how to do it but im afraid I will push something up. My goal is tu push it to @4.1ghz because I have asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0 which doesnt have heatsink on vrm-s. Whats the worst thing that could happen when I overclock and what voltage approximetly should I set for 4.1ghz? Rest of my setup:
PSU: XFX XT 500W 80+ bronze
COOLER: Zalman CNPS10X Optima
I WOULD RLY APPRECIATE EVERY REPLY TYYY

Solution
4.1 ghz is doable with a stock heat sink, you'll have to be EXTREMELY careful although, your temps could drastically increase really quick.

I would start out slowly bumping up the voltage (you could probably get v-core up to 1.2-1.24 without drastic temperature) and at each bump, running a stress test while monitoring your temperatures.

Stay below 65 degrees.

Once you've got a decent voltage, slowly bump up your CPU multiplier until you get your desired speed. Run a stress test and see if it stays stable.

If that is stable, the next step is to slowly decrease your voltage to see the lowest voltage needed in order to use your CPU at that given speed. Run a stress test for about 5-10 minutes until you reach a voltage that makes it...

zeke15

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
If I were you, I would slowly bump up the frequency multiplier until you get to 4.1 GHz, or until it becomes unstable, then go back down a bit. The FX-6300 can generally get up to at least 4.0 GHz without any voltage bumps. You might even get a little higher if you get lucky. Based on the motherboard you have, and your power supply, I would say to get it as high as you can without adding any voltage and just settle for that. It should be much safer and won't kill the life of your components. Let me know if you have any questions.

zeke15

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016

As many people call it, it is the luck of the silicon lottery. Some boards and CPU's overclock better simply because they have higher quality metals and silicon components used to construct them. This is generally random, so you may not be able to achieve what other people achieve.

dylanestrada

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
4.1 ghz is doable with a stock heat sink, you'll have to be EXTREMELY careful although, your temps could drastically increase really quick.

I would start out slowly bumping up the voltage (you could probably get v-core up to 1.2-1.24 without drastic temperature) and at each bump, running a stress test while monitoring your temperatures.

Stay below 65 degrees.

Once you've got a decent voltage, slowly bump up your CPU multiplier until you get your desired speed. Run a stress test and see if it stays stable.

If that is stable, the next step is to slowly decrease your voltage to see the lowest voltage needed in order to use your CPU at that given speed. Run a stress test for about 5-10 minutes until you reach a voltage that makes it unstable, then use the level right before the CPU became unstable.

If you get blue screens later, return to a slightly higher safe voltage.

Solution