AMD Fx-6300 overheating issue

Jeffcleds

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
Hi Guys! I just build a desktop pc recently. I bought AMD FX-6300 together with ASUS M5A78L motherboard. Then, I bought a GTX 1050ti. The problem is, when my computer is idle (no program is running), the temperature is fluctuating to 30 degrees celcius to 55 degrees celcius. And then when I'm gaming, the cpu's temp rises up to 83 degrees celcius stable. While the gpu is only at 45 degrees celcius. I have watched different benchmarks on youtube and their cpu temp are not rising up to 57 degrees. I put a thermal compound. My cooler is gamma archer. Please help

fedefury

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
looking at reviews, it turns out that your cooler is not that good. Try the stock cooler to see if there is a difference. Another issue would be the background apps running on idle, this can cause heat ups and high usage. Another minor case can be your airflow in your case, it can cause heated air to be trapped around your cpu and cause it to over heat. Hope to hear from you soon!

Jeffcleds

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017

The fx-6300 that i bought didn't come with a stock cooler so I have to buy an aftermarket cooler. I tried closing apps on the task manager that is running on idle. I tried opening my case and I put an electric fan beside it, still, the temperature is really high.

fedefury

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
It is possible that you can get a faulty cpu, its possible that the cores of your cpu are overheating and thus are not performing well either. Either way, I recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It has been purchased and reviews by THOUSANDS! So you can't go wrong with by swapping your other cooler with this solution. I have it myself and do not worry about temperatures.

Jeffcleds

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017

another problem is sometimes the idle temp is stable 50.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts