Question AMD FX-6300 reduces speed at random times during gaming.

Jul 22, 2019
At random times my cpu slows down and lags my entire pc. I am positive that it's not the temperature, since it only goes up to a max of 65C on a hot day. My cpu is over clocked to 3.8GHz from 3.5GHz. I am not that tech savvy, and I am out of ideas, really. I hope someone can help!

I have included screenshots of the slowdown happening.

Jul 22, 2019
GPU: EVGA GTX 960, CPU: AMD FX-6300, Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0, PSU: Coolermaster Elite 550W, Ram: 8x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws, I have three drives, 2 SSDs and a HDD.

iSteven_6s

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
This might not be right, but I’d assume it has something to do with the fact that two cores share the same floating point unit in FX series processors. This results in increased latency in certain situations, so it might be the CPU architecture, and not your CPU itself...

Jul 22, 2019
This might not be right, but I’d assume it has something to do with the fact that two cores share the same floating point unit in FX series processors. This results in increased latency in certain situations, so it might be the CPU architecture, and not your CPU itself...
Maybe, however this problem has just arose recently. And I know that the cpu is an older model, but I still want to get everything out of it until I can upgrade. That's why I overclocked in the first place, since it was struggling to run my games at decent frame rates.