AMD Fx-6300 temperature problem

Sep 15, 2018
What is considered a good idle temp for this thing, Idle i am at about 75+ Celsius, my buddy who put the rig together for me say's that's fine but lately I've been having issues with random shutdowns. while playing games it will some times spike upwards of 80 Celsius and i'm wonder if this could be the cause of the crashes.

Solution
75c idle? That's absolutely horrible and damage to the CPU could occur at those temps, especially if it gets hotter under load. AMD recommends that CPU not exceed 62c core temp for extended periods of time.

What are you using to monitor temps? I doubt that 75c figure is correct. If it is that is quite dangerous. My guess is your cooler is not mounted properly.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
75c idle? That's absolutely horrible and damage to the CPU could occur at those temps, especially if it gets hotter under load. AMD recommends that CPU not exceed 62c core temp for extended periods of time.

What are you using to monitor temps? I doubt that 75c figure is correct. If it is that is quite dangerous. My guess is your cooler is not mounted properly.

Solution
Sep 15, 2018

I'm using open hardware monitor, buddy of mine told me to try it

Just checked it and ya, the bloody bracket snapped, now i gotta order a new one of those. Don't know why this never occurred to me, overthinking I guess