Amd FX 8120 3.1Gh Temp too high SOLVED!!!

Feb 22, 2018
My amd fx 8120 3.1 Gh is running ridiculously hot just on idle in bios setting screen so not even running windows, it sits on 70 - 75 degrees C sometimes it will start at 70 and keep increasing till it shuts off this is all just in the bios screen idling no load. The motherboard is an asus m5a97. I have replaced the stock CPU cooler with a Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus this is a closed loop liquid cooler just for the CPU because it was doing the same thing with the stock cooler, changing the cooler has made no difference. The CPU is not overclocked just standard speed. I have reset bios to default and also loaded optimised settings nothing makes a difference. I have also cleaned all the dust and fluff out of the fans case etc. The bios has been flashed with the latest firmware. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me as I'm at my wits end with this.

Solution
Ive Just Found the problem here, I decided to re-seat the cpu block with some new thermo paste, when I removed the block to clean it I found that I had left the plastic seal sticker on the contact area of the block (simple mistake on my part), computer is running great now, thanks for everyones help and advice.

Sedivy

Estimable
Your aio cooler is new? You're certain pump is working? It commonly fails in aios, so make sure it works properly in another system if it isn't new.
If yes, check the speed of the fan on the radiator (can use something like hwmonitor). If fan is spinning ok, then check your mounting technique. Too much paste perhaps? Which paste are you using? Is the case really cramped with poor airflow?

jr9

Estimable
Sounds like your pump isn't running if it slowly increases like that. It should be connected to your CPU_FAN header and the rad fans should be running. If that doesn't help, repaste and remount the cooler. This seems like an installation issue.

Other connectors could be set to raise alarm when pump stops or runs too slow. Cooler Master AiOs need pump to run full speed. Besides, how to regulate radiator fan(s) if not plugged in CPU_Fan ? Can't have both.
Some AiOs like h100 for instance have own regulation and are not depending on MB to regulate. Those could be connected anywhere.

Feb 22, 2018
Ive Just Found the problem here, I decided to re-seat the cpu block with some new thermo paste, when I removed the block to clean it I found that I had left the plastic seal sticker on the contact area of the block (simple mistake on my part), computer is running great now, thanks for everyones help and advice.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS