AMD FX-8150 Review: From Bulldozer To Zambezi To FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Not many surprises but I've been waiting for a long, long time for this. I hope this is just the first step to a more competitive AMD.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Looks like solid chips, but I'll admit that the price point isn't low enough to compete in the gaming world with Intel.

I am rather curious how the FX-4100 will stack up against the current Phenom II X4 chips.

And even though the FX is a slight disappointment, I am rather impressed by the Windows 8 benchmarks. Having said that, by the time Windows 8 is ready for release I'm sure Intel will have an even better solution.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]As I said before, it won't come close to beating Intel in performance or price. Now let's hear the fanboys whine.[/citation]

Everyone should cry, even the Intel fanboys, this is bad news for everyone, now Intel has absolutely no incentive to lower prices or accelerate Ivy Bridge.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]homeboy2[/nom]Everyone should cry, even the Intel fanboys, this is bad news for everyone, now Intel has absolutely no incentive to lower prices or accelerate Ivy Bridge.[/citation]

Intel shouldn't lower prices, they should raise them. I'll gladly pay more to reward competent product development and nothing would please me more than AMD going down in flames for all their flops in the past 5 years. Intel doesn't need AMD to push them forward.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]As I said before, it won't come close to beating Intel in performance or price. Now let's hear the fanboys whine.[/citation]

Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Bah, well, been with AMD since my first pc like 8 years ago...Guess I'll be going intel for the first time ever especially since I can get an overkill cpu for just 300 bucks. Hell that's how much I payed for my phenom II 955...

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Funny, how if you enter to win the test rig it says

"Please Enter The Text Exactly As Displayed"

and proceeds to give you a basic math problem. Yet, if you follow directions and enter it exactly as displayed it says it says it failed and you may not be human. But if you ignore the directions and solve the basic math problem and enter the answer, it lets you enter.

Fail.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]wait for tpu benchmark, toms has always been an Intel fan site[/citation]Talk to Don and Paul, the AMD fans. Chris doesn't care either way. But wait, two against zero would make this an AMD fansite wouldn't it?

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]wait for tpu benchmark, toms has always been an Intel fan site[/citation]
how long have you been around? in the thunderbird-athlon xp/barton days intel was getting bashed left and right by toms.

Status
Not open for further replies.