AMD FX-8320 90%+ Core Load

twoinchpunch

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
Hello, I've looked around for solutions to my problem and this is a rather broad question but I would appreciate if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction. Recently I installed a new CPU Cooler and ever since I've had extreme FPS/Audio dropping and it recovers after about 30 seconds. I've been watching my hardware with OpenHardwareMonitor, and recently I've noticed that all 8 cores are at 90%+ Load, some cores reaching 100% Load simultaneously. What can I do?

Solution
A tower cooler or liquid will actually not help because of the poor power phase and thermal design , that's why they have this warning on the site in the CPU list for 125w CPU's.

"* For cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design."

Probably throttling.

Not a good board for 125w CPU's.

twoinchpunch

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320
GPU: ASUS R9 280
Memory: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
Power Supply: EVGA - 80 PLUS 600W ATX
Cooler: Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling (Ordered with special bracket)

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
A tower cooler or liquid will actually not help because of the poor power phase and thermal design , that's why they have this warning on the site in the CPU list for 125w CPU's.

"* For cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design."

Probably throttling.

Not a good board for 125w CPU's.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS