AMD Fx 8350 Broke Pin !

Rombos20

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
So i install my new cpu but the first time the system wasnt starting then i check the cpu and surprise a broke pin .... i reintalled the procesor and the system start just fine ... the quiestion is
What is the worst thing it can happend ??? its secure to use it ?

Solution
Some of the pins are for redundancy , .

Maybe it wont overclock as well .

Could be anything . But it wont be harming the rest of your computer so if its working its fine .

That can be re-soldered if you have the right equipment and very steady hands

Rombos20

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
so im using right now playing games and music on youtube temps max is about 50C and it havent crashed till now but i feel kinda weird in the fact that i don't have a pin XD and i dont want to overclock aswell

Breathe_67

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
*Do not* try to resolder a CPU without experience. You will fry your whole system if you screw it up because the power flowing into your CPU is more than enough to melt your board if it arcs. Make sure it's an even break. If it makes contact with another PIN, you could definitely cause some problems. Tweezers are your friend.

lootfest

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
This is not an answer to the question.

I have a similar problem during installation. A couple pins came out and were in the motherboard slot.
You said the prosessor still worked ?

Thanks

Rombos20

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

Sorry havent log in a long time my cpu its working totally fine even with 1 pin missed but after this all months everything is working fine as i see