AMD FX-8350 Frequency (Clock Speed) Issue Relating to Sleep Mode

Alec Lockhart

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have recently noticed a problem relating to my CPU's clock speed. The problem is whenever I put my computer to sleep and wake it up, CPU-Z (a program that can monitor clock speed) says that my core clock is lower than it should be. When I have looked up this problem, people have been saying that the CPU usually does this to conserve power, but I know it is not this because I have set my processor to run at the max frequency no matter what, disregarding the power-saving options. I would also like to note that in command prompt, it still says that my CPU is running at the normal clock of 4.62 GHz while CPU-Z says it's running at 4.113 GHz.

Picture:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=415172308649429&set=a.415172505316076.1073741828.100004699893795&type=1&theater

(Sorry, I had to use Facebook)

Also, if anyone was wondering, CPU-Z was updated to the most recent version and this problem confuses me immensely.

Thanks guys

Alec Lockhart

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014

Ok, how should I fix this problem? I assume it is something I have to tweak in the BIOS but I am not 100% sure. Also, just to confirm, I have heard from multiple forums saying that it is not a problem when a CPU is running a max frequency only when it is constantly running at max capacity. I don't know for sure but that is what I've heard.

Also, just to let you know, I have tried enabling CPU frequency scaling but my processor still wants to stay at max overclocked frequency which is the main reason why I wanted to ask.

Alec Lockhart

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014

I know for a fact that I have all five of the possible options under CPU Config disabled except HPC mode which I have enabled.

Alec Lockhart

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014

Well, its mostly just the convenience that sleep mode holds as I don't need to completely shut down and boot up my computer each time. An addition to the problem is that the clock speed never returns even after I put it under load, it even goes down further. This only occurs after sleep mode and it is really unfortunate for me but it isn't a vital problem.

Anyways, thanks for your help! I hope to find a solution and I will keep searching.

Thanks!