AMD FX-8350 running at 4,2GHZ constantly

Agro_1

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Bascially my cpu is running at 4,2 which means it overheats however the performance is great (ingame at 80-85c). However, if I change it by setting my bios to defualt the core speed goes down to 2,4 which does not overheat my cpu but instead gives me bad performance. I was trying to find out if you could have something in the middle f.e. 3.5Ghz?
Specs:
AMD FX-8350
GTX 750 Ti
MSI 970A Gaming carbon pro

Solution
You are reading your SpeedFan temps wrong... CPU temp there is the 3rd one the other are from your motherboard bridges. download Open Hardware Monitor and you will see and compare it to SpeedFans temps. your CPU there is running at 41C.
86C and 69C are your motherboard bridge temps. 86C should be from your northbridges temp so this means the one in danger here is your motherboard. it's waaaay! too hot so get more air flow in your case or you MOBO will be a popcorn shortly. northbridge is also highly connected to your CPU I dont know how to explaine it but its like mom and son so they could bottleneck in some time with that temp.

@SR-71 Blackbird is someone I trust and has answered me a lot of questions. he's right. as soon as your CPU...

WinshesteR

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
You are reading your SpeedFan temps wrong... CPU temp there is the 3rd one the other are from your motherboard bridges. download Open Hardware Monitor and you will see and compare it to SpeedFans temps. your CPU there is running at 41C.
86C and 69C are your motherboard bridge temps. 86C should be from your northbridges temp so this means the one in danger here is your motherboard. it's waaaay! too hot so get more air flow in your case or you MOBO will be a popcorn shortly. northbridge is also highly connected to your CPU I dont know how to explaine it but its like mom and son so they could bottleneck in some time with that temp.

@SR-71 Blackbird is someone I trust and has answered me a lot of questions. he's right. as soon as your CPU reaches 80C your PC will instantly turn off without further notice.

Solution