Hello!I got the following specs
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Cooler:ID Cooling Frostflow 120
MB:Gigabyte 990x Gaming SLI
GPU:Gigabyte 970 windforce x3
Case: Deepcool kendomen
Ram:2x4GB Zeppelin 1600MhZ
PSU:Seagate 620W I think bronze 80+
My problem is with medium to high end games only.My cpu started thermal throttling around 70 degrees celsius a month ago.
I had those specs for over 6 months and had no issues with it.I tried changing the thermal paste,i have also tried cleaning the case and the componets of dust.What it might be?
Because this problem started suddenly in the second month of this summer.Two or three months ago it was working just fine under the same temps.

Solution

I know a 8350 is a fairly warm running processor. A lot of people had issues with motherboards not having good VRM cooling. Just glancing at your MB it has heatsinks over the VRM, but overheating VRM cam cause problems. The solution to that is either a better MB or a blow down fan, which is why I suggested the Wraith. A FX8350 is a strange creature and all cooling is not the same.

sadpolk

Commendable
May 2, 2016
My cooler is really quiet.I hear the gurgling when my system goes on.Pump failure is not happening for sure ,because otherwise i would have experienced way higher temps.
About air getting into the system(you mean cooling system?or case?) i have no clue,and how do i check this one?

You have a cooling hardware issue if getting those temps on new thermal paste. If the pump is ok (working at correct rpm) then the other possibility is air has got into the system (pipes) which restricts flow. Moving the pipes and hearing gurgling is a sign of air in the system.

sadpolk

Commendable
May 2, 2016

Do you have any more tips for me?I tried everything you said,nothing is matching my problem.

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
I have an 8350 and found that the best solution I found for the money was to use AMDs own Wraith cooler. For a stock cooler, it is very highly rated. Playing next gen game like Witcher 3 and Mass Effect Andromeda I rarely get over 55 degrees using that fan. And it is extremely quite. I do not trust liquid coolers myself. I do trust this fan though. Best fan I have ever purchased so far.

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-SILENT-without-Heatpipes-Connector/dp/B06XP51521/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504047372&sr=8-2&keywords=amd+wraith+cooler

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015

Order from the U.S. then. But repairing that liquid cooler isn't going to be any easier. Just saying. Why repair something that has already failed and has a reputation of failing instead of just outright replacing it with proven technology?

sadpolk

Commendable
May 2, 2016
I live in romania,the shipping to my country it's more expensive than the cooler itself.And i wanted more opinions,because i don't feel like the cooler is the issues,on most other threads the problem is the mobo,but all of them had a 970 chipset without mobo cooling,i got a better one,thanks for the opinion,i wait for more.

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015

I know a 8350 is a fairly warm running processor. A lot of people had issues with motherboards not having good VRM cooling. Just glancing at your MB it has heatsinks over the VRM, but overheating VRM cam cause problems. The solution to that is either a better MB or a blow down fan, which is why I suggested the Wraith. A FX8350 is a strange creature and all cooling is not the same.

Solution