AMD FX-9590 MASSIVE heat spike

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
ok so i know this cpu runs hot af, and is good for undervolting as well. i have it undervolted to 1.4375 and will idle around the 20c area depending on how long its been runnin and ambient temp (right now about 16c). Im using Core temp and have it set to flash and notify me of extreme heat temp and this is a new issue for me. last night, just looking around the internet on forums and youtube to try to find out why this is doing it my temp spiked to 160C. not once, or twitce, but about 5 times in a matter of 10 mins. when it does this useage is at 100% and my computer will free for a second then goes back to normal.. i havent change anything i run it a 1.4375 VID since ive had it.. this is pretty concerning to me. i noticed it while in a game i will get a huge lag spike then saw my max temp sky rocket. it also does this out of game. just a few moments a go it hit 102c 2 or 3 times.. any ideas? this is a relatively new build not even 6 months old.. but these problems started just last night. completely out of left field

thanks for your help

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018

HWMonitor matches core temp temperatures +/- a couple c (probably because of different refresh rates of the 2 apps)

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018

i was only using 1 at the time, i recently loaded the other to make sure that both were reading roughly the same temp on idle which they are +/- a few C