AMD FX 9590 reporting sub-ambient temps...help?

Solution
So the way thermal margin works is the difference from your current temp, to max temp.
So in this case, at idle you are 62C from max temp, and under load you are 30C from max temp.

Basically, your temps are fantastic, but its only running at 4GHz, which would explain the low temps.
So the way thermal margin works is the difference from your current temp, to max temp.
So in this case, at idle you are 62C from max temp, and under load you are 30C from max temp.

Basically, your temps are fantastic, but its only running at 4GHz, which would explain the low temps.

Solution
OD's thermal margin are actually quite useful to measure AMD temps accurately, but the question is now (for curiosity) what caused the chip to die? That was, sudden, given the temps. Though, im assuming your voltages have something to do with it. Anything over 1.525 is "too high"

Jul 1, 2018

Jul 1, 2018
Not quite sure, hard crashed in middle of gaming. Tried reboot. Nothing 10 q code. Removed memory stick, retried. Same code. ROG bios flash, same thing. So my assumption chips dead. I am better off selling my motherboard anyway. Very outdated yet still holds its value. (Crosshair v Formula Z)