Question AMD FX6300, GB 970Ads3-p cooling/temp probe issue

Jun 10, 2020
Here's a weird one, so far I haven't found and answer on google or anything.
Problem started a little over a year ago, and is just a minor inconvenience but I'd like some input on how to go about solving it (save spending $1200 on new components)

When I start my system running an AMD FX-6300 cpu and gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard (I know, ancient stuff) HWmonitor will show my cpu is nearing 100*
Yes, yes, I know hwmonitor is bad but there must be some truth to what hwmonitor is seeing because at that point is shuts off.

Keep in mind my PC is in a cool basement, and it shows 100* on startup, at idle.
I've also got a samsung SSD running properly so startups take 15-25 seconds at the most and upon starting back up hwmonitor shows a proper 25-35*

Does it sound like something is wrong here, or am I just crazy? Why is my CPU going from 0-100 in the 20 second boot time in a cool environment with the radiator spitting out cool air, but then also dropping ALL that extra heat in the next 20 seconds over a restart?

There's no smell coming from the system so I don't think there's a short anywhere.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is speculation, not a for-sure idea. Any chance the fluid level in the AIO liquid loop is low from loss of fluid? That sor tof thing can reduce the movement of fluid (and heat) in the AIO loop until some finally gets moved.

Another possibility. Most AIO systems are supposeed to have the pump connected so it runs full speed all the time. But some people make a different connection and let the mobo header change the pump speed in the same way that ti changes the rad FAN speeds. Any chance that is a factor here? Where is your pump plugged in, and how is that mobo fan header configured?