Amd fx8320 hitting 70 degrees. Should i be concerned?

Diego12345

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
I live in a hot area with terrible air conditioning so the ambient isent great. Althought i have 3 fans, the cpu fan being a 212 evo, and my gpu runs at a steady 60 degrees at all times so i dont understand why im getting this reading from hw monitor. I honestly dont know how accurate this software is in cpu readings, but if it is accurate, how harmful is 70? like from 1 - 10 how bad is it, i should mention it only happens under heavy load, never when playing soft games like skyrim or ff 14. i should also mention my pc has never throttled or shut itself off to protect from damage. thanks for the help! :D

Solution
70 Degrees C or F? If that is the temps at max load, then you're fine. If you want to improve the temps, you can try cleaning up the dust and debris in the system and also try a better thermal paste.

Mind sharing your full system's specs? At 125W TDP, you could get a bigger cooler to keep that temp lower but the temps you're seeing right now is good. I'd rate that as a 5 out of 10.

Lutfij

Titan
70 Degrees C or F? If that is the temps at max load, then you're fine. If you want to improve the temps, you can try cleaning up the dust and debris in the system and also try a better thermal paste.

Mind sharing your full system's specs? At 125W TDP, you could get a bigger cooler to keep that temp lower but the temps you're seeing right now is good. I'd rate that as a 5 out of 10.

Solution