AMD Gaming Evolved Raptr App Discussion

8350rocks

Distinguished
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-raptr-dvr-gaming-twitch,27331.html

How many people have experimented with this...?

Any discussion about things you liked, did not like? I have not tried streaming/recording gameplay yet and was wondering who had used this and had some feedback to consider. I currently have an R9-290X GPU, and so I doubt it would be much of an issue at all, but I am just wondering what kind of performance people are seeing with this application.

Discuss

it looks like another way to collect your info ..hmmmm.. spyware/malware??
I do know it did not have a check box to not install it but the check box to uninstall it is grayed out but yet it says installed and up to date and cant find a file for it on the drive [whats up with that??]

I think AMD needs to get all this crap out of there cards driver pack with all the rest of the things that most don't want or need but there it is .

why do they feel I need chipset -usb-gaming evolved and so on when all I want is the cards driver ??
if its something I want or need then I should be able to just go get it as I need to not have it in a all in one shoved on me in a 300mb down load

look at all the issues with amd stuff is it due to a guy that amd download installed something that caused a conflict cause all he wanted was a vid-card driver and got a usb driver that caused the issue ?? or a intel guy that gets there driver and now has amd folders of stuff that has no usefulness in his program files? they already showed in the footnotes about there achi driver had to be removed cause it was causing an issue . now they just need to remove the rest and stop relying so much on .net

amd I just want the cards driver and not have to weed out the rest

Well, it detects many my more mainstream games
including my steam games as well as older games such as Simcity 4 and The Sims 2

But it cannot optimize the older ones. Of course on the older ones you just max out most
of the settings anyway

I tried the optimization Dirt 3 and with the "quality" preset it cranked up a few settings too high.
Mostly Ambient occlusion and vehicle reflections. That dropped by frame rate from maintain 35+
to into the 20s. It did change the AA from 4xMSAA to 8f16x EQAA which I had to look up
what it was but it seemed to tame the jaggies without loosing much performance.

Obviously the UI is trying to copy steam. Its not terrible though.
If you go into the other tabs that show game adverts (not the home tab)
it uses a fair bit of CPU. Up to 60-70% of one core. To me that seems excessive

If you keep it on the home tab it uses 0% though

To me, its okay but I think it can be improved

I will try it with more games when I have more time

8350rocks

Distinguished

It collects your system settings, I did notice that, but it shares those settings with other players so they can see where they can play that game comfortably. Sometimes it seems pretty spot on, other times I can tweak the "optimized" settings a bit and get better results. However, it does make for a good baseline to use when running a game for the first time.

As for the rest of the stuff you are talking about, I am not sure what you mean, catalyst and the gaming evolved app do not seem too obtrusive at all from what I see. Of course, this is all still early development stages, so I am sure things will improve as they go on...

I think AMD needs to get all this crap out of there cards driver pack with all the rest of the things that most don't want or need but there it is .

why do they feel I need chipset -usb-gaming evolved and so on when all I want is the cards driver ??
if its something I want or need then I should be able to just go get it as I need to not have it in a all in one shoved on me in a 300mb down load
The NVidia driver downloads are equally big. I don't really agree with how big they are
but both camps have the same problem. They do include a lot of game specific stuff
and card specific stuff and there is a lot of combinations of hardware and software
it needs to work on so that mostly accounts for the size.

I haven't seen anything really wrong with Raptr/Gaming evolved. The only personal info it asks for
if you choose to signup is Username, Email and Password. Bog standard for signing up for anything

8350rocks

Distinguished

Yes, NVidia is equally guilty of the bloated size of drivers, and I equate those reasons you listed to it, mostly because a PC can be any number of hardware configs, while something like a console will be a strictly specified set of hardware.

AMD drivers are quite chunky though, the 14.2's (which are the only ones that work for me) are 420MB and the and the last Nvidia driver was 329MB.

RadoGamer

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
I use AMD cards and just upgraded to a R9 270x I also have a Raptr account but not installed by AMD. I tried the optimization feature on Elder Scrolls Online and it totally screwed up my graphic settings. I had to go back in and reset everything in the game. I don't recommend using the optimize feature, other than that, Raptr seems ok, since XFire went to the dogs thanks to Kotaku, I use it instead.

I haven't tried it yet, but I am curious as to CPU utilization etc. I endgame raid in FFXIV and would like to start recording to help find our mistakes. Aside from that the Omega's were awesome, I had stuttering on a single 7870, assuming frame pacing as my frame rates were steady 60 v-synced, all gone and smooth as silk after upgrading.

8350rocks

Distinguished

Have you tried re-installing the app? If that does not work, I would contact Raptr support...they are friendly.

steelninja

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Well your on your own there matey..... i use the AMD app to record co's it records 4k flawlessly into 1080p video's and bandicam lags out in 4k. the app makes use of the graphics cards GVR (graphics video recorder) it's just some bozo's don't understand or know how to use it so yeah if I was you I would delete it ;-)

8350rocks

Distinguished

Being able to record 4K is a big deal right now...that is really awesome :)

TRENDING THREADS