AMD Gets The Beatdown Of It's Life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that's the way I see it, see it differently? then tell me why. AMDmongrels need not apply!

here's ya goes <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q2/020506/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q2/020506/index.html</A>

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Maybe cause you have to pay 3 times as much for the p4 than the athlon, those benchmarks dont look 3 times as fast.

You live for this kind of thing dont you meltdown.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

Kidane

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
For Christ's sake, quit it with the capitals! Didn't you ever learn English grammer?
The first letter in a sentence is capitalized, as well as proper nouns and place names, among others. For example:

I live in Sweden.

See? It's not that hard.

Det finns inget dåligt väder - bara dåliga kläder

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe cause you have to pay 3 times as much for the p4 than the athlon, those benchmarks dont look 3 times as fast.

You live for this kind of thing dont you meltdown.
shutup and go away mongrel, you are not welcomed in this thread.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
shutup and go away mongrel, you are not welcomed in this thread.
To borrow one of FatBurger's quotes, who died and made you queen? You're not exactly welcome on this forum, but that doesn't stop you from posting here. :tongue:

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
I am sorry but:

1) I have not seen any note saying "list of people that are not welcomed".
2) If someone disagree does not allow you to treat people as you do.
3) Even I am pro-AMD, the fact is that Intel has take the lead in performance (since Northwood). But on the other hand AMD is still the better bang for the buck option. I only hope Hammer can bring back AMD to position 1; meanwhile I think Tbred and Barton are more a short term response, to mantain AMD in the race, but always in a second position.

As for me, I am more a limited budged buyer than top of performance (no matter price) buyer. So I will still be and AMD costumer.

DIY: read, buy, test, learn, reward yourself!

phill21

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
i just like amd because of its costing and performance...
i have always had an amd since i was into pcs... i started with a 120+ intel chip, but it just didnt chop the mustard, then i had a k6 2 @ 450, then a duron 650 clocked to 866 and then a thunderbird 1ghz clocked to 1.4ghz.. next, i have no idea what i will end up with, but im sure it will at least be a xp cpu @ minimum of a 1.47ghz...
i hate intel for cost and the way the dominate the benchmarks as everything is optimized for them... i hope that some day the benchmarks and programs are someday optimized for amd cpus and then we will see who is the best and fastest... i have my suspisions..

if all else fails... kick it and if it goes wrong, say it wasnt you...

AMDmeltdown do you sit at home and look at intel posters while jacking off? "Oh ya Intel, give it to me baby, gimme your silicon, oh ya baby" ... oh melty you are such a monkey beater! You know what obsessed people such as yourself is called don't ya? Give ya a hint, begins with "scitzo".

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Who's you daddy ?!...huh ?! WHO'S YOUR DADDY ??!...Yeah thats right INTEL's your daddy !....Punk ! OH YEAH !!..say hello to your daddy.

Sometimes you just have to let it all out. :eek:

P.S That was directed at Meltdown not you xxsk8er101xx.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mr_gobbledegook on 05/06/02 12:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Wow, really can't disagree with that argument. I happen to be an AMD man (XP 2000) but the operative quote in that comparisson is "the P4/2533 ran stably at 2800 MHz with a standard CPU cooler." Please don't flame me for this but with Intel prices coming down and OC results like that, AMD better get on their horse.

FatBurger

Illustrious
But on the other hand AMD is still the better bang for the buck option.

At stock clocks, yes.

I like how every hardware site on the intarweb is toting the 133(533) P4, but pretty much all Northwood owers have been running at 133 or higher since they got it :lol:

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Yes, the Athlon got spanked hard, but personally I think you're the real loser here.

Let us know when you get your $700 P4 btw. Since you're yapping so hard about it, you must be ready to throw down cash for it right?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The best bang for the buck is ALWAYS found with overclocking, in this case the 1.6A overclock to at least 2400MHz. The overclocked AMD in that comparison at 1918MHz (far and beyond typical overclocking) can't touch it. Similar prices, but the overclocked P4 waste the overclocked Athlon. Time for AMD to DO SOMETHING!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

This guy is always after AMD, he just wants attention, ignore him. He´s probably a real lowlife with no friends to give him attention, so he has to make stupid posts in here to get some!

If the world didn´t suck, we´d fall off!

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Sorry that logic doesn't work in the computer industry, you always pay a premium for the highest clocked chip.

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
You know, you should also take note that AMD's XP chips were better than the .18 micron P4's. Intel was forced to change chipsize to .13 just to beat AMD's processors.. To see what i'm talking about, check out the link on the top of the page and compare the XP 2000 to the old P4 2GHZ to the new p4 2GHZ. I'd really like to see this same comparison when Tbred comes out.

Jesus may save, but <i>I</i> invest.

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Good to hear from you Intel_inside, havnt seen ya around in a while. There is no doubt AMD got spanked with this latest release.
As far as an overclocked Intel being a better value than AMD. I think less than 2% of computer owners overclock. I never have, and I may not ever. Unless a huge percentage of people start overclocking, that argument is moot - as overclockers dont affect the bottom line of either company.
The greatest battles are yet to come. It was a foregone conclusion that Norhtwood would kick ass once it matured. It has - now it does. Can wait to donate a kidney to pay for one -- sorry, had to get at least one jab in there :)

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'm seeing a lot of stores sell P4 1.6A and P4 1.8A at 2.13GHz or 2.4GHz respectively and they're guaranteeing them to run perfectly at those speeds.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Define " a lot " - since garaunteeing a chip means providing warranty work. Something "a lot" of stores dont want to do with overclocked anything.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
hehe, 2 or 3 online stores on the net. I don't even recall the urls. In any case, 99.99% of P4 1.6A should reach at least 2.13GHz with 100% stability.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS