AMD gonna DIE!!!!!!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
*wonders when it became AMD's public policy to act this way*

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
just another post on my way to old hand..

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
From now on I am ignoring meltdown, fugger,juin, skater, every troll, if I dont reply to them hopefully people wont think its because they are right.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

Yes we have seen how AMD staff act. Thanks Raystonn for showing us Intel has well-mannered and respectful staff.
Good work on the company image eh.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>I am ignoring meltdown, fugger juin, skater, every troll,

you should ignore yourself and make it complete, ½ ass-troll.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Rob01m

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2001
First off let me say, I have fixed and built many computers over time. (By built I DON'T mean taking advanced machinary and putting the processor together, etc.) I must have put together over 400 PCs in my lifetime, and fixed over double that.

Intel certainly developed some good processors and the technology to back it up. Pentiums and PIIs were pretty good for their time. Then AMD comes along and makes a more powerful processor, based a little closely on Intel's technology. Yes AMD did get into trouble, but they still improved on the design in a radical way.

Since then processors have gotten way better.

The P4 was a big disappointment for everyone but the computer newbie that just wants something to surf online. So they go to the nearest Best Buy and buy some kind of product with a P4, spend in excess of $1,000 and they feel satisfied thinking "I have more GHZ then those other PCs, whatever GHZ are...ha ha ha"

Then they come to my house and see my Athlon doing way better then they've ever seen there computer do. "But that's not Intel! That's only 1.4GHZ not 1.7GHZ like mine, how is it doing better?! Oh and what's this, you payed over $700 less?!?!" :Based on a true story:

The experienced and true techies know that AMD puts out more bang for the buck. While Intel is currently in a marginal lead with their underpowered flagship 2.0GHZ, all AMD needs is the same Thunderbird with a slight clock increase to topple it...Put on top of that the more efficient designs of future AMD processors, Intel users will discover more and more how ridiculous it is to stick with an overpricing company because of their seemingly meaningless clock numbers.

Also, if AMD did die, which wouldn't happen anytime soon, then expect your precious Intel's prices to increase, as their quality stays the same, as has been done in the past.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what did you do? show this person how word opens a half sec faster? did you even bother to tell the truth about the fragility of said cpu? all amd fansites like to cover that up real good and blame the user, heck if baby strollers or cribs had the same type of fanatics the number of baby deaths would rise and the blame would be put on the parents.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

gong75

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
What do you know? You don't even own an AMD processor. All you can do is talking crap based on hearsay. Useless.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Meltdown, you're such a great guy. Your delirious rants always brighten my day. So I'd just like to say "Thank You", and urge you to keep up the good work (Maybe integrate some conspiracy theories? Just an idea).

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
When the p3 550 was first released it sold for something like 850$, intel is still used to charging HUGE premiums for its high end processors, AMD's tactics of charging a fair price for its chips is new in this industry. Intel is just doing what it is used to.

I would be interested in knowing how much it costs intel to make each chip, the p4 has a much larger die than the athlon, but is it larger enough to justify(at least to them) the added cost. Or is it just them being used to charging such high prices, one thing is certain in my mind, if there were no athlon, the p4@2ghz would cost 900 bucks.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

1) That's a really funny statement, given that Intel has the i7 which destroys any current AMD CPU (as shown in your username).

2) Was that really worth bumping an ancient thread for?

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
thread_necromancer.png

TRENDING THREADS