Question AMD gpu drivers died while I was using the PC?

Sep 10, 2022
So that's apparently what happened, the pc froze for a second and then a lot of graphic errors showed up (the pc didn't crash), restarted and the drivers were dead (the graphic car was still running no problem) but I had to reinstall the AMD adrenalin drivers.
I was not playing games but using adobe premiere at the moment (if this helps)
I have a R 290 with custom cooling so it never suffered any heat problem. The problem is "fixed" but I dunno what caused the drivers to just die in the middle of a norm day

Sep 10, 2022
how do you tell drivers are dead?

Its not normal for drivers to just stop working in the middle of a game.

What are specs of the PC?
No, I was not playing a game, I was using adobe premiere. The Pc froze and even tho I could notice what was happening on screen, there was a lot of graphic errors everywhere, after i restarted, the drivers were not working and AMD program was telling me it wasnt working properly.

Sep 10, 2022
Many things can cause it.
Most likely culprits are corrupted files or memory errors.
Next would be a failing power supply.
List your hardware specs.
Do a disk check .if that is good run Memtest for at least 4 passes. 7 if this is a production machine. (overnight)
ahh sorry i forgot to reply, my pc:
Motherboard: Lenovo IS7XM
Processor: I7 2600
RAM: 16gbs DDR3 g.skill trident
Power supply: gigabyte 650W +80 bronze P650B
GPU: R9 290

The PC is old, but since I dont use it for anything really heavy (I just play competitive games and make silly videos on adobe premiere) it was never an issue, the last component I changed from it was the GPU, I had an old nvidia GT card that swapped