Question AMD GPU - Fans Spinning - No Connection To Monitor

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

So I've had this problem for over half a year now, basically when inserting the HDMI cable into the GPU the monitor turns black and says no connection... I have tried a bunch of things from reinstalling windows to deleting and reinstalling new drives....

The GPU is being detected by drivers manager and other GPU softwares but does not get picked up by the monitor.

I have a AMD Radeon 7950 HD 3GB DDRAM5
CPU : Intel 4670K i5 3.4
Samsung SSD 120GB
8 GB DDR4 RAM

All these components are over 5 years old, can my GPU be broken? I'm trying to get it fixed again as I need a new monitor...

pka.png

These are the specs using GPU-Z I have no idea whats going on with this GPU

Please any help will be gladly appreciated

Yes I think the specs above indicate a faulty GPU, IMO, since the GPU and Memory clock is 0 MHz, and RPM/GPU TEMP is also negative.

Have you tried updating system BIOS as well, just in case doing this might help ? Check the card on some other PC as well, to narrow down this issue. Which POWER SUPPLY do you have ??

EDIT: Also try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the GPU-Z tool, and then check the GPU parameters. .

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
Yes I think the specs above indicate a faulty GPU, IMO, since the GPU and Memory clock is 0 MHz, and RPM/GPU TEMP is also negative.

Have you tried updating system BIOS as well, just in case doing this might help ? Check the card on some other PC as well, to narrow down this issue. Which POWER SUPPLY do you have ??

EDIT: Also try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the GPU-Z tool, and then check the GPU parameters. .

Yes I have updated my bios did not work at all, have not yet tried it on another PC but I will try it soon... just need to find one haha...

I have done that with the GPU and it still does not work... hopefully someone can help with this