[SOLVED] AMD GPU not showing under DxDIag Display tab

Agni__

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
Hi all,

I checked my laptop's DxDiag today and noticed a strange thing. I haven't noticed it before, so am not sure whether it's okay or not.

My laptop has an AMD R7 M360 GPU. However, it is not showing under the Display tab in the DxDiag window. Under the Display tab, only the Intel HD Graphics 520 is shown. Is this normal? Usually the GPU is shown under the Display tab.

Please can you let me know if I am missing something here.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi all,

I checked my laptop's DxDiag today and noticed a strange thing. I haven't noticed it before, so am not sure whether it's okay or not.

My laptop has an AMD R7 M360 GPU. However, it is not showing under the Display tab in the DxDiag window. Under the Display tab, only the Intel HD Graphics 520 is shown. Is this normal? Usually the GPU is shown under the Display tab.

Thanks in advance!
The default GPU is Intel HD, they will automatically use the AMD GPU when you run a heavy task like gaming or editing. You can check it by "Device Manager" instead using DXDIAG, and you will see the AMD and Intel HD is listed together in Display Adapter section.

Furzumz

Reputable
Have you seen the GPU displayed there before and then it changed back to integrated graphics?

If so its possible your laptop might be using switchable graphics

If it is using that feature the laptop will use integrated graphics for less demanding tasks but will turn on the GPU for more intensive things like video games

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
The default GPU is Intel HD, they will automatically use the AMD GPU when you run a heavy task like gaming or editing. You can check it by "Device Manager" instead using DXDIAG, and you will see the AMD and Intel HD is listed together in Display Adapter section.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS