Question AMD GPU not working

Sep 18, 2019
Hi all,

So I bought 2 AMD GPUs over a few years and I’ve always had trouble getting them to work. They are both RX series cards and I’ve had one that’s was HD 4K series and it worked fine in my current setup. Brand new card plugged in correct, 8 pin connector in, monitor working fine with other cards. The fans spin at startup but I get no signal but if I plug in the monitor to onboard graphics it’s fine. For some reason it is not detecting as the card being slotted in at all? It doesn’t show up in device manager even with hidden devices enabled. PSU meets recommended Wattage and works fine with my old cards. I can’t figure out what the problem could be. Want to mention that system/bios is up to date, and I’m currently using Nvidia GTX 650 Ti for the moment. I’ve tried to install drivers but AMD software gives me error 713 ‘cant detect AMD hardware’. Definitely put it in right and in the right slot. Not sure what could be causing this. This is the second time I’ve had the same issue with a brand new AMD card on a completely different setup. Any advice?

My setup:
GA-Z77-HD3 Mobo
Radeon RX 580 GPU
500W PSU

Sep 18, 2019
I’m not sure, it doesn’t state anywhere any manufacturer make or model. Pretty certain it is Novatech’s own 500W V1 though.

Anyways I’ve reseated the card and my RAM since and it seems to have worked, not sure what the issue was. I have also unplugged my optical drive to do this (instructions were insisting I use the CD it came with but that wasnt working just like the Radeon driver software because it wasn’t detecting the card). Thanks for your help anyways :)