AMD GPU overheating

Baidevin

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
So my computer had a hard drive failure and i had managed to gather non OS information off the drive itself, however i had to change boot from uefi to legacy due to the new OS being an MBR.

Once i had installed my drivers (latest crimson 16.3.2 or something at the time of this writing) i decided to play some games and found my graphics card soared from 40C (idle) to around 85 in about 30 seconds). The card was getting far hotter and could easily make it to 100 given enough time but i decided to close the game at around 87 and for some reason GPU-Z isn't showing a fan speed at all. I have tried to modify fan speed in crimson itself but there is no option to change fan speed at all. I have also tried to use MSI Afterburner to try change the fan speed but had no luck there either. My theory is that the card isn't liking legacy boot seeing as there is a uefi module inside but that to my knowledge shouldn't be the issue.

I am running on windows 8.1 with 2 AMD HD Radeon 7970M cards in crossfire.

running crimson 16.3.2

Baidevin

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

The driver i'm using at the moment worked before my hard drive failed, i have tried using older drivers and even used my pre installed catalyst that came with the machine, nothing has worked so far.