Question AMD GPU spiking to 100% in idle

Nov 14, 2022
My Asus TUF RX6800XT randomly spikes to 100% usage in in idle. When i play games or run a benchmark the clock rates are not stable so its not running smoothly. My gpu gets pretty hot in idle too (65°-70°C). I tried everything. Reinstalling drivers. Installing older drivers. Disabled ULPS and enabled unified usage monitoring in Msi AB. I noticed something weird. As soon as i open up taskmanager everything works fine. Could it be that a virus-like program accesses my gpu and hides itself when taskmanager is open? I hope you can help me.

View: https://imgur.com/a/XDU1kDp

Full specs:
I5-12400
MSI B660 Tomahawk DDR4
GSkill 3600mHz 16GB DDR4
BeQuiet 700W PSU
ASUS TUF Gaming RX6800XT OC

Sorry for my bad english. Im not a native speaker.

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I scanned my system with Malwarebytes and BitDefender. No malware found.
Idk much about this anti-virus, I had a similar problem a few years ago but it was on my CPU (whenever I opened up taskmanager it went back to normal), I had paid ESET at that time (which was a pretty good one) but only Windows defender offline scan was successful at fixing my problem.

also, worth mentioning it was after that I realized windows defender has gotten really good, never paid for an anti-virus after that Lol.

Nov 14, 2022
Idk much about this anti-virus, I had a similar problem a few years ago but it was on my CPU (whenever I opened up taskmanager it went back to normal), I had paid ESET at that time (which was a pretty good one) but only Windows defender offline scan was successful at fixing my problem.

also, worth mentioning it was after that I realized windows defender has gotten really good, never paid for an anti-virus after that Lol.
I spent all day trying 6 different antivirus programs. Only Kaspersky found the trojan. But thanks for the tips!