Question AMD Graphics Card Causing BSOD. Please tell me what I haven't tried

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

I recently built a computer. I am receiving BSODs as well as freezing and screen flickering which I believe to be related to my graphics card, an AMD Radeon Pro WX9100. I do not
have the last dump file as it was not written but I have noted that the crashes are "Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver" and the driver at fault is Atikmdag.sys , which is an AMD driver. I am not sure if the screen flickering / freezing is a related issue, and it is not my priority right now. I want to resolve the blue screens. The windows driver is different then the one on the AMD site. I have been in contact with AMD for the past week and have gotten nowhere.

Things I have tried:

Ensured Windows is up to date
Prevented windows from applying automatic up dates to device drivers
Booted into safe mode, used AMD clean up utility to remove the AMD driver
Reinstalled the AMD driver from their site as they instructed
Booted into safe mode and used DDU to remove the AMD driver
Reinstalled the AMD driver from their site as they instructed
Increased the number of active adapters I'm using from 2 to 4 as recommended
Changed refresh rate from 60hz to 30hz
Disabled Link Power Management
Installed a different PSU

I did some heavy multi monitor testing on Unigine Heaven and it seemed to run fine, however I it is crashing randomly during use and overnight.

I am using the card with 6 1920 x 1080 monitors. They are connected with 4 active and two passive MiniDisplayPort to HDMI adapters.

Specs are as follows:

Intel i9-9980XE
AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100
Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600mhz
Corsair RM850x 850 watt PSU
Intel Optane 905p 960 GB
Samsung 860 Pro 2TB
Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler

Jul 15, 2019
I am working on getting them to send me another one.. it seems to be quite the process. I'm fairly certain the issue is with the graphics card, just not sure whether its software or hardware related. At this point I just wish I could get my money back and get an Nvidia card. I use this computer for work and don't really want to have down time waiting on some draw out warranty process. Their support has been slow and unhelpful.