AMD Graphics Card recognized but not being used

Aug 22, 2018
My specs are
CPU: A8-3870
MOBO: Biostar A55MH
GPU: AMD HD 6870
PSU: 650W
RAM: 8GB DDR3

So I've been using this really old PC and for about 8 years I thought that the GPU was working just wasn't good but a couple days ago I realized that it wasn't and that I was actually using my integrated graphics by seeing that there was no gpu usage tab in the task manager even when I enabled it, the usage was just at 0%. Anyways the display out of the card works, the fans spin, I have the proper 8 pin connectors plugged in, the drivers are updated, it shows up in device manager, windows is fully updated, i tried updated my bios but every time i try to flash the bios it freezes, the AMD control center only shows settings for my CPU no GPU options, I tried uninstalling the graphics card in device manager and then reinstalling the drivers, I tried disabling integrated graphics in the bios but that doesn't change anything besides that my second monitor plugged into my motherboard doesn't display, the PCIe slot isn't faulty or else the card wouldn't be recognized/display to a monitor. None of these things worked.

If anyone can provide any help I'd be really thankful.

If you disconnect the second monitor from your motherboard, then reboot the computer with one monitor connected to your videocard, what happens?

If there's a display coming out from the monitor connected to the videocard, then the GPU is working. You wouldn't get a display if it wasn't.

I think the problem here is you're using two different video outputs and the computer is defaulting to the onboard graphics as your main graphics. Why aren't you connecting both monitors to the videocard? Also, that videocard uses AMD's 'legacy' drivers, don't try and use their new ones. Their new drivers only go back to the HD 7xxx series last I saw.

Aug 22, 2018
I disconnected the second monitor and disabled multi monitors in the bios and still the gpu doesn't show up in task manager. The reason I don't have my second monitor plugged into my graphics card is because my second monitor is really old and only has VGA and my graphics card doesn't have a VGA port only display hdmi and some other. edit: I just checked and there are no legacy drivers, and my graphics card is support under AMDs drivers