[SOLVED] AMD graphics cards

Sep 4, 2018
Whic AMD proccesor is the best of the RX 500 and RX 400 series.I've heard that the RX 480,RX 580 and the 590 are good but could you tell me whic is the best of these two diffrent series as I want to upgrade my GTX 1050 TI 2GB.The reason why I choose AMD is because I don't want to spend like 500 or even more for a graphics card and AMD for me has really good preformace and price

Thanks guys!

Solution
First, just to clarify, you ask what AMD processor you need - you don't need an AMD processor to use an AMD graphics card. You can keep your existing CPU and just change the graphics card (or vice versa).

One thing to keep in mind is that the RX 580 and 590 only somewhat better than a 1050 Ti in terms of performance - both are probably somewhere between a 1060 and a 1070. Plus, even though the 590 was just released, they're fairly old designs.

If you REALLY wanted a new GPU right now and were on a budget, I'd say that an RX 580 is probably the way to go. They're available now for about $190, which makes it a fairly good deal

With all that in mind, I don't think that it makes sense to buy a new and a new CPU (and possibly...
Sep 4, 2018
If you mean the specs of my PC:8GB of ram,Intel i7 7700k,1TB HHD,240GB SSD(somewhere there),ASROCK H11OM-DVS motherboard,450W power supply(probably 450 not sure but somewhere there)and the Nivida Ge-Force GTX 1050 TI 2GB

tim.hotze

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
First, just to clarify, you ask what AMD processor you need - you don't need an AMD processor to use an AMD graphics card. You can keep your existing CPU and just change the graphics card (or vice versa).

One thing to keep in mind is that the RX 580 and 590 only somewhat better than a 1050 Ti in terms of performance - both are probably somewhere between a 1060 and a 1070. Plus, even though the 590 was just released, they're fairly old designs.

If you REALLY wanted a new GPU right now and were on a budget, I'd say that an RX 580 is probably the way to go. They're available now for about $190, which makes it a fairly good deal

With all that in mind, I don't think that it makes sense to buy a new and a new CPU (and possibly motherboard and RAM unless your current setup uses DDR4) just to pair with a new GPU that is already an old design and only slightly faster than your existing graphics card.

Instead, I would recommend upgrading EITHER your CPU (if your performance is CPU-limited) OR your GPU now, and then the other later. If you decide to upgrade the GPU, and only want to spend a little money now, I'd say that the RX 580 is the way to go - it's on sale now for about $190, which actually makes it a rare good deal. Going one step up (to a RX 590, GTX 1070, or Vega 56) would cost 50% more ($300-ish, give or take) and yield only about 20% more performance in most cases.

Solution

tim.hotze

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

It really depends on your budget. You can get a 580 for $190, and it should work with your current PSU and give you say, 75%-80% better performance, or you could get a RX 590 for $290 (which is maybe 7% to 15% faster, possibly a tiny bit more in some cases), but you'd probably want a new PSU.

Here's a Vega 64 on sale for $400, if you wanted to spend more: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Cards+-+AMD%2FATI-_-N82E16814202326&gclid=CjwKCAiAgrfhBRA3EiwAnfF4tltA2TZswqaLbKfLVIk27w6S9ggzcWMdZWvpM7qoFKkNR9pif4ivhBoCb3kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I would say that the RX 580 is a good deal: Substantially better performance for $200. Spending $300 to get slightly better performance than that on a 590 seems silly, particularly since the 590 runs hot. A Vega 64 for $400 seems like a decent deal, but you could also wait for the Nvidia RTX 2060 to come out - that might either be a decent deal, OR put pricing pressure on the Vega 64 and GTX 1080 series so you could get a good deal.

tim.hotze

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

That might be specific to that card model. I've got a RX 580, have had it over a year and it's been rock solid (OTOH, I don't OC, so that may have helped the longevity).

Sep 4, 2018
Yes,im sorry,I ment to type graphics card.But still the RX 580 looks like a better deal but right now I've got a RX 590 Sapphire Nitro+ edition whit 3 free games:The Division 2,Resident Evil 2(it's a remake or reamastered i think) and another game whic is also good.Should I still choose the RX 580?

And overall what if I didn't buy this card and would yust wait for the PlayStation 5 release in 2020 whic will cost 400,will have an Ryzen 7 processor in it and 16GB or RAM(thats all we know for now).

So should I buy PS5?

tim.hotze

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

I mean, we're really venturing into opinion territory here. It's your money and you should use it how you see best - if you would pay cash for the games you get for free with a 590, then that helps cover some of the value, but also, keep in mind that I'd recommend a PSU upgrade since the 590 alone can draw 290W - a quick check on your specs (i770k, 8GB of RAM, 1xSSD 1xHDD) shows that it'd easily hit the max your PSU can draw. So if the better performance + games is worth say, $350 to you (by the time you get a new PSU), then buy that.

I use my PC for productivity and gaming, and have spent money on my PC set up for that purpose (monitors, input devices I like, etc), so for ME, getting a console system isn't a good idea. It might be for you, if you like gaming on consoles, use a controller instead of a keyboard, and don't need to upgrade for productivity purposes.

Having said ALL of that: IF I were you, I'd try to hold off until the 2060 is out, since I think you'd likely get a good deal on either the 2060, the 1070, the 1080, or a Vega 56/64. BUT if I really wanted to upgrade today, I would probably spend $190 on an RX 580, and maybe $120 or so getting 16GB of RAM. That's less money than the RX 590/new PSU combination, and gives you more flexibility for the future, though, again, if you really wanted the games that come for free with the 590, that may change the equation.

But you should make the decision that works for you!

Sep 4, 2018
Well maybe.The thing is I really dont want to spend 500+ euros or dollars on graphics cards.To me that is my life ruined.So much money for a plastic componet:).The reason I came on teh RX 590 is beacause it is way cheaper and still the cheaper price doesn't make it weak and because the price dropped from 420 to 340 whic is a lot cheaper than other 1060 cards....Let's say if you didn't want to spend a lot of money on graphics cards but you still wanted a good experience would you go whit the AMD RX 590 Sapphire Nitro+ edition over the normal RX 580?

And one of the more important questions for me is a 340 euro or dollar RX 590 Sapphire Nitro+ edition(so a little better than a normal one)worth the money(it aslo comes whit 3 games as I said but let the games not decide)?

tim.hotze

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

Well, it really comes down to what the cost of a 580 was, but I always look at value.

Both the 580 and 590 run in the same "class" - you will get decent frame rates on most current games at 1080p. The 590 is about 10% faster, just to throw out a number, but that amount will NOT make it so that you can play a game at a different resolution than the 580 - it will just be a bit faster. The Sapphire Nitro+ is clocked 1% faster than stock, so really, won't make much of a real performance difference.

Again, I think the 580 offers better value - you will save a lot of money and you will generally be able to play the same games at the same resolutions with either GPU. Neither is going to let you game at 4k or even 1440p consistently, at least with settings up.

As for the games included, imagine you walked into a store and you saw two versions of the Nitro: One with the games for more money, and one without for cheaper. What extra money would you pay for the one with the games? If the one without the games was €330 and the one with was €340, would you go for the games? What if it was €300 and €340?

That tells you what the games are worth TO YOU.

Again, to ME, €340 is not worth it for a RX 590. It's slightly faster than an RX 580, but the RX 580 is basically an overclocked RX 480 which is nearly 3 years old now. So you are spending most of the cost of a newer GPU for something that, in the end, will let you play existing games at 1080p but which might soon be outclassed by faster GPUs from Nvidia and AMD at around the same price point.

Toms Hardware recently reported that the RTX 2060 will have a "January 15th availability date, $349 US price (~ £274), and confirmation that the card will come with 30 RT cores for ray tracing." It may be hard to get a 2060 for MSRP the day it launches, but that card should significantly outperform the 590 for about the same money once it's available for MSRP. I would think that would mean there would be good deals on other cards, including last-gen Nvidia cards like the 1080, and quite possibly would make the RX 590 and Vega GPUs from AMD cheaper.

But it seems like you really want that card! In which case, if you've got the money and you won't miss it, go for it! Not so many months ago I got a Samsung 960 because it was on a (slight) sale - but 6 months later, it would have been MUCH cheaper. But I don't regret my purchase, because it made a noticeable difference in performance and I've enjoyed it since.