idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
I finished building a new PC and after booting onto the PC and downloading the AMD graphics drivers, I get an error after like 2 minutes saying there was a timeout and the drivers would be in safe mode.

GPU: AMD RX 6600
CPU: ryzen 5 4500

And the screen keeps going black every few seconds and my keyboard and mouse get disconnected. I deleted drivers using DDU and reinstalled them and everything, but it keeps doing this.
Also when I boot my PC it doesn't even boot if there is a keyboard connected, it just stays stuck on the press delete for BIOS screen. I have to connect the keyboard after I reach the windows screen, so I can't even go to the BIOS menu.

Is my GPU bad or is it something else?

Solution
View: https://imgur.com/a/MbQGfUs

BIOS images ^

My bios is the latest version found online and my USB legacy is enabled so idk why this is happening.

still don't know if I need a new gpu or mobo?
Pal your symptoms that you have on the system are very simular to the symptoms I had when I first bought my rx5700 in this build. Right after I bought it I also had driver crashes and black screens constantly. I RMA'ed the card and I put a new 2060 super in and it worked without problems for about I guess maybe 2 years ;):p:D ...No more black screens or driver crashes. Now after about 2 and a half ish years (maybe bit more) unfourtunately it has come down to the card going bad on me again but in...
I finished building a new PC and after booting onto the PC and downloading the AMD graphics drivers, I get an error after like 2 minutes saying there was a timeout and the drivers would be in safe mode.

GPU: AMD RX 6600
CPU: ryzen 5 4500

And the screen keeps going black every few seconds and my keyboard and mouse get disconnected. I deleted drivers using DDU and reinstalled them and everything, but it keeps doing this.
Also when I boot my PC it doesn't even boot if there is a keyboard connected, it just stays stuck on the press delete for BIOS screen. I have to connect the keyboard after I reach the windows screen, so I can't even go to the BIOS menu.

Is my GPU bad or is it something else?
What bios is your mobo on what mobo do you have

magic_nut

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
View: https://imgur.com/a/MbQGfUs

BIOS images ^

My bios is the latest version found online and my USB legacy is enabled so idk why this is happening.

still don't know if I need a new gpu or mobo?
Pal your symptoms that you have on the system are very simular to the symptoms I had when I first bought my rx5700 in this build. Right after I bought it I also had driver crashes and black screens constantly. I RMA'ed the card and I put a new 2060 super in and it worked without problems for about I guess maybe 2 years ;):p:D ...No more black screens or driver crashes. Now after about 2 and a half ish years (maybe bit more) unfourtunately it has come down to the card going bad on me again but in general from what I read amd cards are more prone to problems. Is your card brand new under warranty? If so I think its time to RMA it and buy something else..

Btw want to point out that I RMA'ed my xfx 5700 about 2 weeks after I bought it

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
Pal your symptoms that you have on the system are very simular to the symptoms I had when I first bought my rx5700 in this build. Right after I bought it I also had driver crashes and black screens constantly. I RMA'ed the card and I put a new 2060 super in and it worked without problems for about I guess maybe 2 years ;):p:D ...No more black screens or driver crashes. Now after about 2 and a half ish years (maybe bit more) unfourtunately it has come down to the card going bad on me again but in general from what I read amd cards are more prone to problems. Is your card brand new under warranty? If so I think its time to RMA it and buy something else..

Btw want to point out that I RMA'ed my xfx 5700 about 2 weeks after I bought it

Yea I was trying to do a cheap pc build for my lil bro, I thought this card was really good for the price. (amd 3060 and cheap)
but, i guess ill just return this buggy amd card. Prob gonna get a 2060 super then. Appreciate the input.

Never gonna buy amd card again, none of the nvidia cards did this to my other pcs, crazy.

magic_nut

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Yea I was trying to do a cheap pc build for my lil bro, I thought this card was really good for the price. (amd 3060 and cheap)
but, i guess ill just return this buggy amd card. Prob gonna get a 2060 super then. Appreciate the input.

Never gonna buy amd card again, none of the nvidia cards did this to my other pcs, crazy.
Well I don't think you should necesarily get a 2060 super nowdays dude I got it back in 2020 when it was new on the market.. To make a commitment not to buy any amd cards again is a bit harsh on amd's and just because you buy an nvidia card doesn't promise you to be free from problems 😉

It helps to read reviews for a particular product and see if there are many instances of folks reporting issues like bsod's , black screens , freezing , glitching , driver crashes or anythang else that might indicate the instability of a particular graphics card.
That being said you might get lucky or unlucky with a particular card regardless of the brand.
I took a risk on my 5700 even though I READ that there were many people reporting black screens on the amd 5000 series.
Wouldn't advice you to buy a 2060 super unless you can find some kind of insane deal on it since its now 2 generations old and you would probably have to get it used... If you go with an nvidia card I recommend a 3060.

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
Well I don't think you should necesarily get a 2060 super nowdays dude I got it back in 2020 when it was new on the market.. To make a commitment not to buy any amd cards again is a bit harsh on amd's and just because you buy an nvidia card doesn't promise you to be free from problems 😉

It helps to read reviews for a particular product and see if there are many instances of folks reporting issues like bsod's , black screens , freezing , glitching , driver crashes or anythang else that might indicate the instability of a particular graphics card.
That being said you might get lucky or unlucky with a particular card regardless of the brand.
I took a risk on my 5700 even though I READ that there were many people reporting black screens on the amd 5000 series.
Wouldn't advice you to buy a 2060 super unless you can find some kind of insane deal on it since its now 2 generations old and you would probably have to get it used... If you go with an nvidia card I recommend a 3060.

Yea i get what your saying for sure, but my lil bro has a tight budget for the PC so my card has to be around 250 range, so I can't really get the 3060. But I did find a new 2060 super on amazon for 239, so I was just gonna go with that. Kinda hard to find a good gpu for 250.

Reactions: magic_nut

magic_nut

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Yea i get what your saying for sure, but my lil bro has a tight budget for the PC so my card has to be around 250 range, so I can't really get the 3060. But I did find a new 2060 super on amazon for 239, so I was just gonna go with that. Kinda hard to find a good gpu for 250.
Theres a GPU out by intel called arc a750 that you might want to have a look at. Costs right around think 250ish ;)
It is new on the market and I think performs decently.