AMD graphics drivers causing problems with YouTube and Twitch

johnx125

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
It's been over 2 months since I first saw this problem with AMD's graphics drivers. Videos on YouTube and Twitch look distorted and glitched like the glitch effect on Photoshop and the only way to fix it is by disabling graphics acceleretion in Chrome but video playback is not as smooth without accelerated graphics. Anyway... to this day they still haven't fixed it. I've tried wiping out all drivers and intalling them again, I've tried going back to older versions that didn't have this issue and it worked but those versions didn't work well with games so I had to use the newer ones. If anyone knows any possible solutions please let me know because it's just really frustrating being unable to have a better experience of YouTube or Twitch because of a bug in the drivers. I started noticing the issue after updating to version 18.10.1. Also in the latest version for some reason sometimes the GPU and memory clocks get stuck on higher speeds while system is idling so the version I'm using right now is 18.11.1. Again if someone knows how to fix the issue with video playback in Chrome please let me know.

System specs:

• Motherboard:Gigabyte 970A-UD3P rev. 2.0
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 370 4GB Nitro