subanta

Distinguished
May 9, 2013
Hi,

My PC is old and I have never had any problem in the past with any component. Recently small square boxes fill my screen randomly and hangs my pc. This happens mostly when I play games. Now it has become very frequent, and I have unplugged my graphics card. Without the graphics card, there is no problem.

There is a dialog box that appears on the right bottom every time this happens. Please have a look at the screenshot.
View: https://imgur.com/FDpBwon

Is my graphics card dead? I have updated my drivers and also done a clean install of windows.

My specs are: intel i7 2600k; 8gb corsair vengeance ram; asus z68 pro gen3 motherboard, sapphire 7970hd dual x

subanta

Distinguished
May 9, 2013
Most probably, YES, in my opinion. Those are signs of a faulty GPU, due to VRAM corruption or some other cause. The fact that the issue disappears when you don't use the 7970HD, points out that your GPU is faulty.

How OLD is your power supply unit, the Corsair TX850 ??

I bought this system in 2011. the graphics card i bought in 2012... I am going to build a new system, but I waas hoping to spend a few more months with this system and wait for zen 3 and navi.... but alas. Can the gpu be repaired?