DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
When for example, a AMD 2400+ CPU is about half the price of a 2.4 GB Intel, why bother buy Intel, - better quality materials/build, or just to make more $$$?

If you know of any reasons to buy Intel, please list them.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DCB_AU on 07/02/04 12:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1. - Because I own INTEL stock
2. - Video/Audio encoding
3. - Brand recognition (Reseller)
4. - Because they are fun to build
I think the smartest build right now though is probably an A64. :smile:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Why bother with either?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Why bother with either?
Yeah! Who needs them?

I think my next PC will be a 1GHz Transmeta Efficeon with a 1GB DDR333 SODIMM, two Seagate ST1 hard drives, a Fujitsu 800x600x16bpp 4" LCD, wireless ethernet, a slot-loading laptop CD burner, and a few other goodies. And it'll run WinXP Pro. :)

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Pimp!!!

Xeon

<font color=orange>Scratch Here To Reveal Prize</font color=orange>
<font color=white>In the case of over scratching contact THG for property damage claims.</font color=white>

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
No, no! Still better, just put togheter:

- pencil, rubber and tons of paper (recicled, please)
- Abacus (low power comsumption version)
- 5 litres of Italian coffee (but fat free, of course!)
- YOU

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
It's well known that in low-end/mid-end AMD offer better price/performance. But the Athlon XP 2400+ is a bit slower than a P4C 2.4GHz).

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.