News AMD Hasn't Forgotten Radeon RX 6000 GPUs: New Drivers Incoming

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Even without this crunch, it speaks volumes the robustness of their drivers in that various patches for Windows have been released and major games as well, without much issues.

I hope AMD can keep their driver stack as clean as it is right now, but then again, I don't use much on my 580 outside of some basic functions.

Reactions: artk2219
D

Deleted member 431422

Even without this crunch, it speaks volumes the robustness of their drivers in that various patches for Windows have been released and major games as well, without much issues.

I hope AMD can keep their driver stack as clean as it is right now, but then again, I don't use much on my 580 outside of some basic functions.
I own RX570 l, driver updates don't mean much to me anymore either. The one that mattered was OpenGL optimizations.
I have 22.11.1 installed. Once I allowed Win10 to install drivers through Win Update. I thought, what the heck, those should be the most stable, let's try. The games I play saw decreased performance and I reverted to latest from AMD. Shouldn't matter for such an old card, right? Turns out sometimes it does.

Edit:
Tbh, I don't even know how to assess Adrenaline driver stability, which I guess is a good thing... ?

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
I own RX570 l, driver updates don't mean much to me anymore either. The one that mattered was OpenGL optimizations.
I have 22.11.1 installed. Once I allowed Win10 to install drivers through Win Update. I thought, what the heck, those should be the most stable, let's try. The games I play saw decreased performance and I reverted to latest from AMD. Shouldn't matter for such an old card, right? Turns out sometimes it does.

Edit:
Tbh, I don't even know how to assess Adrenaline driver stability, which I guess is a good thing... ?

That's exactly what I mean, it's a good thing, they're rock solid.

I also have an nvidia 1080 and while it's now legacy on the drivers side, when I bought it it was brand spanking new, and every time a new game came out, you needed a driver update for stability/prevent glitches, and it was so, so annoying.

I don't use it as my main anymore (I don't game that much anymore), but I'd be surprised if that was not still the case.