AMD HD 8800 Series SKUs Surface in Leaked Document

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This leak was released on the day of the resignation of the CFO of AMD. As of now, after trading is $3.70 from $4.01. It reached $3.54 an hour ago.

gramps

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004
IF this is accurate it would be impressive to say the least. Personally I'm a little skeptical (but hopeful) - that much increase in die size and such a substantial performance boost with a slightly lower TDP - all on the same 28nm process? AND that price!

Too good to be true? I hope not!!

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Wow those memory bandwidth speeds are nearing eDRAM speeds. If only we had that kind of speed on the DDR standard I wonder what kind of improvements we might see in general computing.

spat55

Distinguished
Hope they arn't that good :( just got my 7850 4 months ago and the 8750 looks like it will wipe he floor with it! Oh well at least I haven't OC'ed it yet! and have that to look forward to.

G

If the 8850 can keep the one PCIE power connector, that, will be a magical card! It is kind of like 79x0 performance on one PCIE and small form factor plus the price! Amazing!
AMD = Me Gusta!

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
man this is cool but jeez.....
the HD 7 and GTX 6 series are just now getting into high gear.
got my head spinning.

Haswell coming out next week.? LoL

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]spat55[/nom]Hope they arn't that good just got my 7850 4 months ago and the 8750 looks like it will wipe he floor with it! Oh well at least I haven't OC'ed it yet! and have that to look forward to..[/citation]

That's kinda the name of the "upgrade game" bro... its very rare that a card comes along that totally whips the previous generation (although it does happen) however if the Next gen cards did not best the previous gen by AT LEAST 25%... no one would buy them.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]This leak was released on the day of the resignation of the CFO of AMD. As of now, after trading is $3.70 from $4.01. It reached $3.54 an hour ago.[/citation]
this really sucks big time. its a smart move by amd to leak these charts because itll get people talking about the next gpus and by the looks of it retain some investors with good hopes that Oland will be very competitive. I just hope AMD doesnt fall off the market, especially with how amazing theyre gpu division is.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]proffet[/nom]P.S.any mentioning of XDR2 RAM instead of GDDR5.?[/citation]

On a second thought, since RAMBUS doesn't have any of its own fab labs, it has to work out a deal with a fab company to make the XDR2 RAM for them.

And do keep in mind that they're already or were in some serious lawsuits against those fab companies. I doubt any of the companies are going to manufacture stuff for a patent troll rival.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I'm fairly sure RAMBUS asked too much for the XDR2 RAM.[/citation]
I know just like last gen or GPU's out now but for some slight slim chance, I was hoping maybe something got worked out in time for this (HD 8) when goes into production.
still nothing wrong with crossing fingers.

oh well.

jtd871

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
If not a load of bull, it should probably play Crysis. Now if the revamped Enduro works as well or better than Optimus...I may just have to rob my retirement savings and pick up the mobile version when it drops. Dang!

louiecog

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
[citation][nom]ilysaml[/nom]Everybody forgot the HD 89xx?[/citation]
They have not been leaked. It'd be awesome if they were in the $350-$450 range though.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]spat55[/nom]Hope they arn't that good just got my 7850 4 months ago and the 8750 looks like it will wipe he floor with it! Oh well at least I haven't OC'ed it yet! and have that to look forward to..[/citation]
Please stop buying graphics cards if it means wishing the rest of us don't get upgrades. In fact just don't buy anything. Ever. Thanks.

horaciopz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
So, HD8850 will have the speed of a HD7950 and will cost 200 at launch? I mean! 6 month after it will be at the 150ish sweet spot :p ! Well moved AMD, just hope that everything will be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.