AMD HD Audio Driver overwriting Realtek

Oct 26, 2018
Hi, hopefully I'm in the right subforum.

Today I updated my amd radeon driver, since it was way out of date and started to cause issues with a game. I couldn't update the normal way, so I made a clean install.
(Uninstalled with DDU, then installed again).
I made sure I didn't install the HDMI Audio driver thing!!!

Long story short, now my headphones aren't working anymore and my only audio output device is my screen (which got no speakers btw, thanks amd).
I tried reinstalling realtek high definition audio driver, etc etc
Didn't work.

And funny thing is, device manager still shows "AMD High Definition Audio" now, even though I unchecked the box when installing.

It's driving me crazy to not have any audio. I beg you, please help me.

P.S. I know, resetting my pc might work but I got 700+GB of things I really don't wanna lose right now and I didn't have the chance to back them up yet. I'd be glad if I could resolve this any other way.

Oct 26, 2018

Yeah I'm on windows 10 and there aren't any audio devices shown besides my screen.
I just redid all once again, uninstalling the amd driver, uninstalling the realtek driver, reinstalling both.
Now there aren't any audio devices shown at all.
Also, troubleshooting didn't help.

Which MB do you have, may not have Realtek CODEC chip ? In any case, look in BIOS and see if it's enabled.
In any case "AMD High Definition Audio" and audio CODEC chip are two different things and can't overwrite each other.
"AMD High Definition Audio" is digital sound thru GPU and Realtek is analog sound thru completely different chip.

Oct 26, 2018
While I was waiting for answers, I decided to make a clean installation of Windows 10 anyway. I just bought 1tb of google drive and uploaded my stuff to secure it.
Resolved my issue so far. Couldn't figure out another solution though.

Thank you anyway, everyone.

TRENDING THREADS